Camping fun....

by Peaches-n-Cream 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Peaches-n-Cream
    Peaches-n-Cream

img81/6282/pry7q6vdeq5.jpg Packed and Ready to go.... I don't think we could have fit one more item! No, this isn't ALL mine, there were 4 of us.

img165/4012/pry7qgpixb5.jpg The camp ground we went to.

img237/7399/pry7q7i0fh2.jpg By the camp fire. It was cold and rainy out ALL WEEKEND!

img150/8752/pry7qe3uvh6.jpg A perfect picture opportunity!

img147/3872/pry7qqssoe8.jpg Gourmet dining even while camping...life is good!

img241/229/pry7qvw6zy6.jpg Someone's being silly---or had too much to drink!

Then.....my camera batteries died! Otherwise I would have more!!!!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Did ya roast me an extra marshmallow?

• Arthur
    Arthur

I certainly hope you all considered the Daily Text each morning. (despite your hangovers)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Holy CRAP you got enough stuff in the van?! Were you going for 6 months?

We should plan a aposta camping trip!

• hubert
    hubert
    Gourmet dining even while camping...life is good!

Ahhhh! Shrimp in a basket ! (yummy)

Never go anywhere with a camera without extra batteries. But, I'm sure you learned that lesson.

Hope you had a good time, despite the weather. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Hubert

• greendawn
    greendawn

Camping is great and much better than staying at hotel rooms, I also enjoy it and especially like gathering wood to light fires and cook food when of course fires are not prohibited. Gathering wild edible mushrooms and fishing can also be part of it.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Looks like you were packing for Armageddon! UMMMMMM, skrimps!!!

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Devil's Lake ....as in WisconSIN hahaha . I've been there pretty place .

• juni
    juni

Thanks for sharing PeachesnCream.

Is that Devil's Lake near Baraboo, WI?????

Ummmmm did you baste the shrimp w/garlic butter? Doesn't food taste great when you camp?

My daughter and son in law and my 3 yr. old granddaughter just got back from Gov. Dodge State Park in Dodgeville, WI. They had a great time. Went horseback riding. Cave of the Mounds. Hiking, etc.

We always did a lot of camping when the kids were young. First in a VW van w/a homemade pop up top. Then we bought a used pop up camper trailer. Those were the best vacations. The kids could run and play and get dirty - and then the wonderful campfire at night under the stars eating s'mores.

s'mores for those who never heard of them are like a sandwich made w/graham crackers and a Hershey chocolate bar and then you toast marshmallows over the fire and place on top of the chocolate bar and mush the thing together. Man....that's heavenly.

Juni

• xjwms
    xjwms

It looks so inviting

being outside, the fire, the cooking, I bet it tasted great.

As for me I'd do that, but, then, I'd need to spend the night at a $Hotel$, with a hot shower and king size bed.

No I am not Spoiled I always smell like that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit