How many need to die before it raises a flag?!

by loli 19 Replies latest jw friends

• loli
    loli

Hello all! I don't know about the rest of you, but in my geographical area, it seems that when a person is df'd, it raises their risk of suicide. Not only did I lose my baby sister when she was 21 this way, but in the last 5 years there have been seven people in the circuit who have taken their own lives. Some perhaps are considering it, or have attempted it and nobody reveals it. Recently and elder who was "deleted" ended his life in a rural high school parking lot because of the shame of an affair. Could this be the antithesis to, "By this all will know that you are my disciples if you have love among yourselves?" Comments, please, I am hurting for these people.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Not only did I lose my baby sister when she was 21 this way, but in the last 5 years there have been seven people in the circuit who have taken their own lives.

Loli- This is a very hard subject for a lot here. I am so sorry that you lost your sister. (and a bit at a loss for words) I must say that there are red flags all over the place but the people with any power are colorblind and choose to ignore them.

• loli
    loli

Anyone?.....

• loli
    loli

Thank you for your reply, Sparkplug. Much appreciated!

• mama1119
    mama1119

There is definetely a higher risk for those who are DF. Why wouldn't there be??? They are made to think they are the lowest of the low, so low there family and friends must treat them as if they don;t even exist. It is sickening, but it is there control, they are not going to give it up easily!!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I have a mother who attempted suicide. I have a sister who was so lonely as a dub that she too attempted suicide. I myself at times (long ago) was confused and tried to end it all. I am very stressed now, but the difference is as a Dub when wrong was found out or confessed it was the end of the world. Now, I see life goes on. I have a close friend that killed himself when he was 21. My sisters close friend killed herself after "wrongdoing" was found out. I know of several others that I grew up with that tried it or succeeded and it all goes back to the societies view of trouble on their lives.

Either it was shame brought on them, or the lack of support when things happen.

I HATE the "Society" I see the pain they cause and I feel so damn small when it comes to taking them out. Posting here is the best I can do for now. But I plan a bigger blow....sometime soon. Even if it is just writing my story and adding another to the pile of lives trashed by the society and a story of overcoming the mindset they brainwash you with.

• Forscher
    Forscher

The fact is that thye organization doesn't care Loli. That shows the true measure of the folks who run it.

Forscher

• loli
    loli

Let me know if I can help, Sparkplug. I agree that this forum is therapeutic. I'd love to lend assistance if you need it! Peace

• garybuss
    garybuss

A fundamental problem with Jehovah's Witnesses, in my opinion, is they are a one act play, a one ring circus. Everything in their lives is tied up in one deal. It's like an investor who locks it all down in one mutual fund.

The group is their job, the group is their hobby, the group is their social club, the group is their family, the group is their one source for all. They have to agree to a past, a present, and a future, and not deviate from the "pattern of truth" delivered to them.

The Witnesses are a one hope people and when they lose that hope . . . they are hopeless. Add hopeless to depression or a major affective disorder like Bipolar disorder, or Schizophrenia and we have a major problem. The Witnesses are a cruel group. They eat their old, sick, and young.

Keep telling your story Loli, don't let em get away with it with impunity. Thanks for being here!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    It's like an investor who locks it all down in one mutual fund.

Better yet an investor who locks it all down to one single stock! At least a mutual fund you have multiple investments within the fund! These dorks are only buying one stock. It's not even a blue chip! They are investing in something crazy! Banana futures or something equally inane!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit