Wikipedia being abused by Jehovahs Witnesses

by Simon 93 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    mscemike welcome to the world where everyone is an MCSE or MCSA nothing special about that. As a matter of fact MCSE certification doesn't mean shit in a real world environmet, it all comes down to experience. I've worked with techs who are supposedly MCSE and they are clueless when it comes to put their knowledge in use.

I have to agree with this. I first got my MCSE nine years ago in NT 3.51, and have maintained it and received a bunch of other certs since then. Most of these Microsoft "engineers", and I use the term very loosely, are of the paper variety. I've worked with some who didn't even know how to map a drive, let alone "send files to destroy a system". MCSE is little more than an acronym that looks good on the resume of someone applying for a helpdesk position.

W

• Gerard
    Gerard
    I changed a bunch of things on that site, which were hard to discover, but they changed it back. I wouldn't doubt that one their IT men developed a program that would change everything back to "normal".

Actually, it is simpler than that. All Wikipedia pages have tabs on top, click on the one called HISTORY. This is the history of changes & editions done, letter by letter.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Actually, it is simpler than that. All Wikipedia pages have tabs on top, click on the one called HISTORY. This is the history of changes & editions done, letter by letter.

I'll have to check that out!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Why doesn't someone make an Ex-Jehovah's Witness fact page? See if them Witnesses mess with that!

• Simon
    Simon
    mscemike welcome to the world where everyone is an MCSE or MCSA nothing special about that. As a matter of fact MCSE certification doesn't mean shit in a real world environmet, it all comes down to experience. I've worked with techs who are supposedly MCSE and they are clueless when it comes to put their knowledge in use.

Like academic qualifications, a few letters can never give a real representation of someone's true skills. However, they can provide a baseline measure than can be useful when recruiting - if you have 100's of applicants for a post, you need some way of cutting it down and qualifications (both academic and trade certifications) do come into it.

I have worked with certified people who are crap and also uncertified people who are brilliant. I used to be brilliant-but-uncertified and now I'm brilliant-and-certified LOL. (MCSD, MCDBA and MCSE).

I would never recruit someone solely on the basis but given two equally experienced people I would probably chose the one who has invested time and effort into getting certified as it indicates that they are more willing to invest in themselves and their career.

Also, it would be a mistake to reverse things: just because some MCSEs are rubbish doesn't mean that being an MCSE makes you rubbish!

BTW: The 2003 MCSE exams were pretty comprehensive - much harder than NT 4.

• Gerard
    Gerard

I would suggest that somebody knowledgable and with good spelling, adds some kind of glossary of Watchtower hierarchical terms to the JW Wikipedia page. For example, what is a Publisher? CO? DO? Pioneer? MS?, Elder? etc.

As a non-JW and reader, defining these terms would be very informative.

• rosa
    rosa

I putted a link to Erklarung Portuguese translation in wikipedia. The page has got translation and NO ONE opinion, except translations notes. And I warned the "minitrue officials":

Declaration of Facts 1933

Dear gentlemen,

Thousand of German brothers had risked its lives to distribute the Erklärung to the German people and main nazis authorities in June of 1933. Please, it would be a lack of respect and consideration for such brothers if the Erklärung's translation was removed of the topic in question to know, on the relation JW's with Nazism. Readers need to read the original document and not them our opinions. If now not to desire link placed in October'2006 and in March'2007, then you can copy the translations and post in Wikipédia.
    http://br.geocities.com/rosazul_documentos/nazi/declaracao.htm
    http://br.geocities.com/rosazul_documentos/nazi/watch2hitler.html

Grateful,
    Rosadoc

And what happens???

This:

21:17, 11 Março 2007 Wmarcosw (Discussão | contribs) (Retirado materia critica e parcial ja posta na pagina de discussao.)

21:17, March 2007 Wmarcosw (Discussion | contrins) (retired critical and partial material posted in discussion page already.)

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posi%C3%A7%C3%B5es_controversas_das_Testemunhas_de_Jeov%C3%A1

For whom want to know about Minitrue Officials (Ministery of Truth) , please read 1984's Orwell.
    http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/1984/1/

• jinjam
    jinjam

well, they even tried to work on the page with raymond franz biography, i think even removing his picture

once,calling him an apostate and questioning the authenticity of own experiences, sometimes you wonder how

far the jdubs want to go to discredit anyone who says anything negative!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello all,

I see I'm really late to this party. You guys are not seeing the forest for the trees.IMHO. I respect your vigilance regarding this irritating issue. But remember, people are not begging for Bible studies with the dubs because of what they're reading on WikiWiki. The reality of the matter is:

Jehovah's Witnesses are irrelevant. They are a non-factor in human society, just one more in a long line of post-millenial Protestant groups. They are far less consequential as an organization than they are indoctrinated to believe by their leadership.

Having said that, the org. has affected thousands who have, due to parental upbringing, savvy recruitment campaigns, etc. found themselves involved in a high-control group difficult to exit. For that reason, JWD exists.

In all humility and deference to those of you who've been fighting the good fight for so long now, let these scared idiot Witness apologists lie and deceive all they want. Keep doing what you do best- running and contributing to the best ex-JW board out there. Please forgive me if these comments appear in any way to be presumptuous. Just offering a fresh perspective.

Thanks for all that all of you do,

Nvr

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

The watchlawyers at it again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit