The Tapestry of Life

by cruzanheart 22 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

"I like that. I like feeling like a part of something instead of being only a part of an isolationist group that looks at the world as evil." Rutherford stamped his disturbed neurotic personality for ever upon the JWs and emotionally cut them off from the rest of the world, no birthdays, Christmas, Easter, the whole of the world is part of vile Babylon and demonic. Yet there are indeed lots of good people in the world, also bad people, but it's up to each one who to choose to associate with.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    If nothing else, I find the world an endlessly fascinating place.
    truly creative people seem to tend toward alcoholism or drug addiction to help them access their inner muse.

could not agree more with ya (well maybe )

PEACE, Mike

alt

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Alright, it was a REALLY GOOD Cabernet Sauvignon that I had tonight!

lol.........Cruzan, I know exactly what you mean..........please be assured, dear heart, that you have become a true child of the universe and what native americans refer to as "we are all related"............literally inter-connected. I find that because of my anxiety, now and then, i have a strong need to use alcohol and the green goddess, almost as the ancients did when celebrating sacred moments in their lives..........lol..........i was DF'd for "spiritism",,,,,,,,,,that simple desire to read horoscopes connected with who i am meant to be in life and i find spirituality has been a fascinating study area for me in my continued growth to this day.

Hugs,

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Mmmmm, Chateau St. John Cabernet Sauvignon! Courtesy of Big Tex. I love Saturday nights! That's our "date night" when the kids know to eat their dinner either in our room (TV) or upstairs (computer that plays DVDs). Jennie's of an age, however, that she can't help but come downstairs on some pretext periodically, craning her head to see what is going on in the living room. (Usually it's a grown-up movie, paused while her parents engage in a spirited [and totally boring to a 12-year-old] conversation.)

awwwww, that is such a wonderful mind picture!!! god/ess bless you both!!!

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

just wanted to wave hi to sunnygal41...

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Extremely beautiful thread. The REAL meaning of life was expressed eloquently. I wish everyone thought this way. It is in everyone, yet popular opinion has deadened it.

Monkeyshine, I admire the fact that at your relatively young age you can be free to so confidently know your connection to the true Source of Life. It speaks of man's spiritual evolution that I, a former JW hardcore witness, am recovered enough in my life to see and appreciate. Many of us here were in for so long that our youth was literally spent in mental captivity, forced to believe it was normal for us all to act like little robots, programmed to turn any robot who became "sentient" enough to realize how sick and twisted our devotion to the Borg/Cult was. Add to that the statistic that most JW's are severely depressed and mentally ill, and you have a clear picture of how deeply some of us have been affected, and conversely, how deeply we feel our freedom today. Psychobabble for Nina's original observations...........

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    just wanted to wave hi to sunnygal41...

lol! Hey, Mike!!! I'm LOVIN' life right now............the calm and spiritual connection is soooo awesome!! Terri

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Nina,

I feel that too. I especially feel it amongst the people from this board. I will tell you something. If I had not met each of you in person at the fest I would still not be here typing after a year and a half. Things have to feel real to me. I have to connect to my surroundings in my heart with what I am doing or it dies. Take for instance the fest at your home and "The Boys" were wrestling, or at Lannies when Lisa Arrow and Xena and a group of us were all sitting in the same bench or in Lannies room as we watched FMZ try to sing into his "new microphone" hehe....these are the moment I will remember. I know with PTSD I forget a lot. So much. But moments like these stay for they are real to me. They move me in a positive way and I feel connected with it all. So hon, I know of what you write. I too feel the love and The moon shines over here in Richardson too. It sees me and you. (Isn't there a kids book like that?)

And Wine...Say you need to come spit a bottle. I have enough from that party still. A whole rack waiting.

Decki

Love ya gal! You are a true free spirit.

• parakeet
    parakeet

***I like looking at the world as potentially good and, if I spread my small form of goodness, my positive energy, it might help cause a chain reaction of positive energy.***

Moments like the one you describe are wonderful and all too rare (at least for me). One of the tenets of Buddhism is that everything and everyone are all of the same essence, that our differences are like the difference between the ocean and the waves that form above it -- transitory illusions of separateness and isolation.

Your post brightened my otherwise dreary day. Thank you.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    The energy I expend at work adds to the energy of the globe as it goes about its business.

That's a good sentence. I need to hear things like that as I develop fast food advertising for an already obese country.

I understand and relate to what you're saying. When I was younger, I always had to have something "big" to look forward to: a vacation, a concert, etc. Now I get excited about the so-called little things, but really it's the little things that make a life.

I would also like to add, Nina, that you are an excellent punctuator.

The above has been brought to you by Smirnoff Vodka and 360 (Whole Foods generic brand) tonic with a splash of Italian Pink Lemonade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit