The Tapestry of Life

by cruzanheart 22 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm almost 51. Lately I've "seen" things differently. I don't know if I can express it properly, but I thought this forum might be a good place to start.

When I was in Art Class in 10th grade, I had a wonderful teacher, Mrs. Brown, who once upon a lazy warm day, showed us how to start a picture with a center: circle, square, whatever. Then we drew lines or ovals around that center. Then we added around the circles and lines, spreading outward until we had filled the page with beautiful, random forms and figures. We colored them in as we pleased, and a gorgeous tapestry or quilt was created. It was really a kind of glorified doodle, but so very much fun and cool and beautiful. It kind of reached out to the universe, had no end, and . . . endless possibilities.

At this point in my life I see it as that tapestry or quilt. Everything I do each day, every person I meet, is an interaction with the entire earth in a small way. Kind deeds spread outward to affect countless others (if I smile at a clerk, maybe they will smile at their next customer, and so on and so on). The sight of the full moon spreads beauty throughout the town of Murphy and outward to all of Dallas. The energy I expend at work adds to the energy of the globe as it goes about its business.

I like that. I like feeling like a part of something instead of being only a part of an isolationist group that looks at the world as evil. I like looking at the world as potentially good and, if I spread my small form of goodness, my positive energy, it might help cause a chain reaction of positive energy.

If nothing else, I find the world an endlessly fascinating place. I love the people I live with (Chris, Jennie, Jackson and Moose The Basset Hound), my friends Margaret, Lisa, Kirby, Deanna, Noreen, Bonnie, Decki, Lannie, all of the other fascinating "apostates" I know, creative each in their own way.

Alright, it was a REALLY GOOD Cabernet Sauvignon that I had tonight!

Hugs all 'round,
    Nina

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I like that. I like feeling like a part of something instead of being only a part of an isolationist group that looks at the world as evil. I like looking at the world as potentially good and, if I spread my small form of goodness, my positive energy, it might help cause a chain reaction of positive energy.

i think you expressed yourself greatly.........I feel the same way.

thanks for sharing.......wish i had some wine!

purps

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Mmmmm, Chateau St. John Cabernet Sauvignon! Courtesy of Big Tex. I love Saturday nights! That's our "date night" when the kids know to eat their dinner either in our room (TV) or upstairs (computer that plays DVDs). Jennie's of an age, however, that she can't help but come downstairs on some pretext periodically, craning her head to see what is going on in the living room. (Usually it's a grown-up movie, paused while her parents engage in a spirited [and totally boring to a 12-year-old] conversation.)

Nina

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'll shut up and go to bed now, with a wish of happiness to each and every one of you!

Right back at you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

An interesting insight on life..Positive,yet not tart..LOL!!..Nice post Nina...OUTLAW

• Arthur
    Arthur

Very nice thread. I enjoyed reading your post.

I like looking at the world as potentially good and, if I spread my small form of goodness, my positive energy, it might help cause a chain reaction of positive energy.

Yes, very well put. This is basically in a nutshell what all of the famous spiritual teachers and sages throughout history have been telling people.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

What a wonderful post to wake up to. Thank you for sharing your thoughts Nina.

every person I meet, is an interaction with the entire earth in a small way. Kind deeds spread outward to affect countless others (if I smile at a clerk, maybe they will smile at their next customer, and so on and so on).

This is so true....It makes me feel like I have some kind of special powers...super powers.

lisa

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Extremely beautiful thread. The REAL meaning of life was expressed eloquently. I wish everyone thought this way. It is in everyone, yet popular opinion has deadened it.

Alright, it was a REALLY GOOD Cabernet Sauvignon that I had tonight!

Sometimes we need a little calm to see the light.

• Sheri
    Sheri

Nicely put, I agree totally.

It is for each one of us to put forth an act of kindness and let the ripple move outward. Often I find that when I take the moment to let a car in line I watch them extend the same to another driver. Of course not all will follow an act of kindness but I am enjoying trying to keep on loving my neighbor. Yes, it is so nice not to put down all humanity each week in the Whattower.

Love & Peace,

Sheri

• magoo
    magoo
    At this point in my life I see it as that tapestry or quilt. Everything I do each day, every person I meet, is an interaction with the entire earth in a small way. Kind deeds spread outward to affect countless others (if I smile at a clerk, maybe they will smile at their next customer, and so on and so on). The sight of the full moon spreads beauty throughout the town of Murphy and outward to all of Dallas. The energy I expend at work adds to the energy of the globe as it goes about its business.

.................".pay it forward" does work................kindness is contagious,kinda like yawning =)

beautiful post

magoo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit