JWs Encouraged to Excel In Secular Education

by Carmel 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Can you imagine a JW conference with speakers and subjects like this one? Not!

http://news.bahai.org/story/474

carmel

• nsrn
    nsrn

Won't happen--there's a woman at the podium!!!!!

• Mary
    Mary

That'll never happen in the Borg.......however, I did show my boss and some co-workers some of the quotes from the Society's publications discouraging the youth (or anyone) from pursuing higher education. They were all stunned and disgusted.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

No, that will never happen in the wts.

Besides, all the education anyone needs is in the awake, or so I was told.

• myelaine
    myelaine

suck...suck...suck...Matthew 24:19...suck...suck...suck...

• greendawn
    greendawn

That will never happen in a cultic organisation, they know that education opens up people's mind and that will mean more challenges to their status and doctrine, more trouble, that's why they discourage university not because they believe or care that those serving "jehovah", instead of studying at the uni, will receive a better reward in the end. Many dubs are still waiting for the new system since the 1970's after giving up on their education.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Thanks for the post. It is wonderful to see people encourage education and principles in life at the same time.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear carmel...

lookin for the word "uncle" actually......but you know that...

until then...

love michelle

• myelaine
    myelaine

He shall also set his face to enter with the strength of his whole kingdom, and upright ones with him; thus he shall do.

And he shall give him the daughter of women to destroy it;but she shall not stand with him or be for him. (Dan 11:17)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, that you were like my brother, who nursed at my mother's breasts!

If I should find you outside, I would kiss you; and would not be despised.(Song of Solomon 8:1)

love michelle

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

An interesting read, thankyou caveman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit