Atlantis

Nevada-(KM-2-87)

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Try again!

• Atlantis
  • jwcol
    jwcol

They said I could have them. My mom was making copies for me. I got some looks from people like "He's not supposed to have that!!!" lol

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Of all the literature, the KM is the most worthless. The Service Meeting was THE WORST meeting of the week. Absolutely nothing new was ever presented, unless you count the 'local needs' part. There were also always some brothers who would never finish the meeting on time. That was especially bad when I had to wake up very early the next morning for work. SO Glad I don't go anymore! And they can keep their silly KMs. Dave

• inthetruth
    inthetruth

The KM is for those who are preaching. If you are disfellowshipped you do not receive one, or if you are inactive and YOU ARE NOT PREACHING you do not receive one, why would you want one anyway if your not interested? Seems silly to be griping about it when you don't want one anyway. As far as newbies, they usually don't come to those meetings since they are not preaching. If they do start attending those meetings someone always offers theirs so they can follow along.

• KennyC
    KennyC

I personally haven't been Jonesing for one at all. I cannot imagine why anyone would want one. I mean, someone just give me a beer and turn on the television, cuz' I really don't care about the comic book section of the newspapers either.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yeah I didn't know that until I was df'd either. I'd been inactive for five years and have just read that's why I hadn't been receiving one before I was df'd (see I thought it was because I had never asked for one in the new congregation). Just after I was df'd I moved again and for a couple of months I was very earnest about getting reinstated so mum wouldn't kill herself. In the new cong I went through all the ritual humiliations imposed by the PO to get in his good books. I ordered literature and asked if I could have a KM, he was very happy to tell me that I couldn't. I'd have binned it every month anyway, it was just to get the schedule for the book study so I could pretend I'd prestudied by putting random underlinings in the right paragraphs. I'd learned twenty years earlier that the only thing you need to know about the service meeting agenda is that it ends at 9:15.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    The KM is for those who are preaching. If you are disfellowshipped you do not receive one, or if you are inactive and YOU ARE NOT PREACHING you do not receive one, why would you want one anyway if your not interested? Seems silly to be griping about it when you don't want one anyway. As far as newbies, they usually don't come to those meetings since they are not preaching. If they do start attending those meetings someone always offers theirs so they can follow along.

It is very discouraging to be excluded from the rest of the cong. When I first started becoming inactive (had nothing to do with doubts etc, just unpreventable circumstances) I had so much trouble even getting the magazines, and/or lit that I orderded, let alone the KM. I had always been someone that prepared for the meetings (as best as I could) and to not have the required material just made me not want to attend the meetings. It was easier to stay home than go to the meeting without the mags etc.

Very rarely was a KM ever offered to anybody. They were always in such short supply that nobody wanted to give theirs up!

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit