SHOULD JWS EAT READY MEALS?

by badboy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY MAKE YOU LETHARGIC,INREASE BLOOD PRESSURE AND BAD CHOLESTROL..

AS THE BIBLE SAYS that the body is the temple of the LORD,should true christian eat ready meals?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't personally eat ready meals very often, but I never heard of any jw prohibition against them. They may not be good for you, but neither is chocolate if you eat it in large quantities, which a lot of jws I know do.

For some jw families, I would think ready meals might have been a necessity sometimes, like getting home from work and having to rush to get ready for a meeting.

• achickwwit
    achickwwit

<<I UNDERSTAND THAT THEY MAKE YOU LETHARGIC,INREASE BLOOD PRESSURE AND BAD CHOLESTROL..>>

Then I suppose McDonald's is off the list too...

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

But think of the extra time you can save and therefore spend more doing Jehovah's will.

• restrangled
    restrangled

What is a ready meal?

r.

• beaver_shots
    beaver_shots

I was going to ask that too. I think its UK speek for like a frozen dinner?

kyle-

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    I think its UK speek for like a frozen dinner?

Yes, that's about right. You can buy them frozen or chilled in supermarkets, and heat them up quickly in a microwave.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Here in the states we call them take-away meals. One chain, Boston Market, has been very successful with home style meals. When I was a road warrior I liked to get one and take it back to my hotel.

But for meals at home nobody can take away the pleasure I get from cooking a meal from scratch. I've been told I'm a good cook and I don't argue. My two sisters are better than me. We got it from our Mom who is world class.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Im pretty sure most of the JW in my area rely heavily on frozen dinners, by the looks of it.

• luna2
    luna2

Take out, frozen or "TV" dinners, ready meals, fast food junk, donuts and pizza are perfect for JWs. Because this world is ending soon, it doesn't matter if you develop high blood pressure or heart disease, gain weight or become diabetic from eating unhealthy food . If you do happen to die before the end comes, don't worry, it'll seem like no time at all and you will be opening your brand new eyes in your brand new cloned body in the brand new and improved Paradise Earth. Much better than living to a ripe old age in this disgusting old world, eh?

All the minutes you save in food preparation and clean up can be used to more fully study your Watchtower or Kingdom Ministry and in going around making a nuisance of yourself trying to seduce your neighbors into the dub cult. Be sure to drink lots of caffeinated, sugary coffee with your frozen dinner for that extra zing of heart-thumping energy on meeting nights. Praise Jah!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit