WHERE DID POST -FLOOD VEGETATION COME FROM?

by badboy 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Arthur
    Arthur
    2. In verse 23 the inspired and infallible word of God says that every living thing that was on the face of the earth died. It doesn't say "except plants," it says EVERY LIVING THING.

Well, maybe Johober caused vegetation to grow out of dead wood the way he caused flowers to grow out of Aaron's rod. With Johober, all things are possible !

Let's not be like Korah and Miriam, and become "wise in our own eyes" friends.

• V
    V

The Watchtower's comment about the olive tree and the flood:

***w66 7/1 p.415 Questions from Readers***

After

the Deluge, Noah sent out from the ark a dove that later returned with "an olive leaf freshly plucked in its bill." (Gen.8:10,11)Would not the trees have been ruined by the Flood? Where did the dove get the olive leaf? C.J., U.S.A.

While the waters of the Flood undoubtedly did adversely affect many plants and trees, it does not seem improbable that an olive tree might survive them. The olive tree is quite hardy. It has been said of it that "an old stump will continue to send up new stems, as if its vitality were indestructible." (TheNewSchaff-HerzogEncyclopediaofReligiousKnowledge, Volume IV, page 404) It is also noteworthy that the Greek philosopher and scientist Theophrastus and the Roman naturalist Pliny the Elder have stated that the olive has grown under water in the Red Sea, retaining its verdure there. So the olive tree might well have remained submerged under water for some months during the Flood without dying. With the abating of the waters an olive tree that had been covered thereby would again be on dry ground and could put forth leaves, so the dove could easily obtain a leaf. The return of the dove with the freshly plucked olive leaf in its bill was of significance to the ark?s human occupants. In that way "Noah got to know that the waters had abated from the earth."?Gen. 8:11.

• skyking
    skyking

I have a quote form a fellow that no doubt is a thinking person or he would of never took the time to do what he did. During a recent thread Flood/Bristlecone Pine: bible believers: Non blievers also please read Using overlapping tree ring patterns from dead and still living Bristlecone pines shows a 100% provable climate for California for over 10,000 years thus proving the the great flood did not happen as far back as 10,000 years ago he wrote: Hello

I emailed a university in Arizona about 2 years ago as they seem to be involved in this tree ring research and asked some professorwas there any proof for the trees concerned being submerged for up to a year in water about 4300 years ago. I didn't think I would get an answer but a very short reply came back....................'No, none whatsoever.'

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Oh man, Aaron had flowers growing out of his rod?

How embarrassing that must have been in the locker room.

• skyking
    skyking

V by the way I loved your movie.

• Arthur
    Arthur

I emailed a university in Arizona about 2 years ago as they seem to be involved in this tree ring research and asked some professorwas there any proof for the trees concerned being submerged for up to a year in water about 4300 years ago. I didn't think I would get an answer but a very short reply came back....................'No, none whatsoever.'

Yes, this is a good point that I forgot about. Other solid evididence is the soil sediments in various parts of the world that prove that those particular ecosystems have been uninterrupted for hundreds of thousands of years. A prime example is the Amazon basin; which I made reference to before. This is a very fragile ecosystem that contains unique vegetation, and flowers that don't grow anywhere else on earth. There are many insect species unique to this area, because they survive by either eating or inhabiting such vegetation. According to geologists, they have a solid geological record of the region which spans millions of years. According to botanists, there has never been any evidence which shows a massive disrruption or extenction in this ecosystem in the past 10,000 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit