No Watchtower Magazines

by JH 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Often in the past, after missing many months of meetings, I just showed up at the hall, and I had such a hard time finding a Watchtower magazine, just to follow the study.

Even elders were trying to find one for me, and sometimes there was just one left, and often there was none, so I remember being given one from a witness who decided to follow with his spouse in her magazine.

What I'm getting to is that they don't have tons of magazines at the hall, just there waiting for some newbie to show up.

I wonder why they go door to door, if they can't even have a couple of spare Watchtower magazines incase a stranger just showed up...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There was always a spare copy or two at our hall, in case an interested person came to the meeting, or a jw showed up without one. The magazine servant kept a couple back for that purpose. I have known halls, however, that didn't do that.

• JH
    JH
    There was always a spare copy or two

The little one shall become a thousand, and the small one a strong nation; I, Jehovah, will hasten it in its time.

Looks as if it's not time yet for such an increase, considering the number of spare magazines they have.

• blondie
    blondie

If there were some thinking JWs, they would bring the now out-dated WTS to the KH on the days they were to be studied rather than let them build up in their closet or bag. I always did that. It was a little harder to dump those Awakes. Now that they only get one a month..........

Blondie

• Mary
    Mary
    JH said: What I'm getting to is that they don't have tons of magazines at the hall, just there waiting for some newbie to show up.

Don't be silly JH.....the reason there were no magazines at the Hall for you is because the Witnesses are placing them like hotcakes! Why, with soooo many sheeplike ones out in the field just hungering and thirsting for spiritual food, the Society just can't print the mags quick enough!!

That'll teach ya to show up at a meeting without an underlined copy of the Craptower. Tsk, tsk, tsk....

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

"Publishers" are being taught not to over-order magazines because very few are paying for them. Needs of the congregation talk at the local hall are always "Consider the cost of our VALUABLE things." Instead of the magazines the hall has copies made on their copy macine from the dark ages.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

And how about getting a copy of the Kingdom ministry if you weren't at your book study to get your personal copy? It's like your copy disappeared if you didn't show up to collect it.

I always had a WT.Would've been too embarrassing to show up without one.Everybody would've known that I hadn't prepared-a demonstration of spiritual weakness!

Goldminer

• sspo
    sspo

Oh well, that's the least of their problems

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I'll never forget the time my mom sat with a befuddled look on her face during a WT study. She sat next to me and kept looking through it to find the study article. Hers didn't match the subject we were studying. She handed it to me and I looked at it and it was the right magazine, say a june 1st. The problem was that she had june 1st of the year before!!! She had studied it and was excited about commenting. We laughed so hard about that one. Her eyesight was going due to her diabetes and it was an honest mistake.

W.Once

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    And how about getting a copy of the Kingdom ministry if you weren't at your book study to get your personal copy? It's like your copy disappeared if you didn't show up to collect it

Eeeewwwww!

Bad flashback!

I had forgotten all about this! It happened to me more than I care to remember!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit