What's the best Martial Art to take up??

by dorayakii 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

The 3 most effective martial arts i've seen are BJJ, Thai Boxing and Wing Chun Kung Fu. The biggest obstacle to the practicality of thai boxing is it's tough demands on the body and the need for alot of conditioning work. BJJ has won alot of fans in the last few years mostly because of it's success in MMA(Mixed Martial Arts) tournaments. BJJ is awesome especially if it's one on one... but it's techniques are grapple oriented and not as effective against multiple attackers. Wing Chun (also spelt Ving Tsun) is a very well rounded martial art that focuses on maxamising the amount of force generated from your body movements and redirecting and harnessing incoming force and using it against the attacker or attackers and not relying on the use of brute force. It's not very pretty or fancy (unlike other forms of kung fu) but it is extremely effective. Cheers DK

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Hi DK,

I've been watching the Mixed Martial Arts competitions and Brazilian Jujitsu consistently wins. It is amazing to watch these tiny Brazilians beat Kick boxers, Karate and boxers several times their size.

Personally I recommend doing what you enjoy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit