Do YOU Still Act Like A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

I hope that I don't, but I do find myself making flash judgements sometimes. I also still get intense guilt over little things, thinking I am not doing enough, that type of stuff, but nothing near what it was like in the borg.

• minimus
    minimus

Blueblades, thank you sooooo much for your kind words. I have been challanged many times here on this site for my topics, my questions, my use. It makes me feel good to know that I HAVE helped here----even if it's just one person. Thank you, Blue.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mini, You and I have joined this site around the same time and I have always read your post's. I don't always respond because what I would of responded to someone else had already made the point. I have followed the challenges against you and you have handled yourself quite well. No need to worry there. I know that many including myself have shown concern for you and your mom and family. The fact that you usually get many readings of your post topics speaks volumes.

Blueblades

• material BOY
    material BOY

nope i don't. I'm not a judgemental person or do i talk about my friends behind there backs. and i give the homeless a penny or two.

• achickwwit
    achickwwit

Such an interesting questions...with like responses.

Hmm...I still cannot watch any of the rated-R or "demonized" movies my mom wouldn't let me watch when I was young ("Mystic Pizza" [happened to be a big upset at the time!], "Gremlins," etc.). Even now, I can't watch movies with A LOT of cussing or heavy drug use or a ton of sex. Still haven't seen "Fargo" or "Pulp Fiction" all the way through, for instance.

Other than that, I'm REALLY open-minded as far as race. I truly am color-blind. But that's one of the best things I've hung on to. :-)

• delilah
    delilah

I never did act like some of the witnesses in my congregation. I was never judgemental, or critical of others, I helped those who were needy, those who never got an invite out.

I was not haughty, or self righteous.....I used my car for service.... Hmmm.... I can honestly say, No, Minimus....I don't act like a witness, never have, never will.

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

HELL NO.

• zagor
    zagor

According to them I never acted like one in the first place which is why I'm out, I'd say I was never accepted as one because I've asked too many question but that's another issue.

The only thing that still stuck with me, ..., on the second thought, nah, nothing really; only occasional interest in what is going on in j-dub-land but that's all

• JimWood
    JimWood

No, I have developed a passion for critical thinking. I now find it hard to read or watch anything with out looking at all sides, not just swallowing the BS that gets poured out. This I think comes from a newly found enjoyment for reading, I never gave a damn about reading the 6th grade reading level crap the GB issued. Now I an almost done with Darwin?s works, as well as Stephen Hawking.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

What is a JW? Someone who gos door to door and preaches the world is going to end soon.

No. I dont act like a JW anymore,

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit