I must have been really bad...or am completely on the "right path"

by Sparkplug 35 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Sparkplug ,I`ll make a long story short..I went into the wilderness to develope some executive recreational real estate.My business partner took everything and left..No phone,no car,no food,precious little water and no money..I shared my last bits of food with my pets so they woudn`t die.One eventually did die from lack of medical attention..I literally worked for food and a roof over my head at ranchs on my way back to civilization..After a few months I made it to civilization..Found a job and a nice house..It`s been a few years but I will never forget it..I`ll post the whole story at a later date...OUTLAW

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I`ll post the whole story at a later date

PM me when you do. It sounds intriquing. Also sounds like something I would love to do. Work my way across the country. But I bet there is a huge difference between choosing it and being forced to. I got lost in the Wyoming mountains once while pregnant in 30 below weather. It was so scary. (and painful with the cold) I stayed all night and almost lost the baby. So I cannot imagine months. Damn.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!Sparkplug..I don`t think you would have liked my adventure..Raging forest fires in the summer,water you can`t drink.Leaches in all the lakes..Snow over your head in the winter..If your not prepared you may very well die..I didn`t die...OUTLAW

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

*sigh* I've worked for lawyers too long. First thing I thought of, OUTLAW, was: dammit, I'm going to SUE somebody!!! So what happened to your partner?

Nina (of the Litigious Class)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Cruzanheart..He`s had a series of unfortunate events..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Outlaw. I know I look like a girli girl now...but while young, quite a tomboy. I would go during my firt marriage up into the mountains and camping to him was basically just a bag and we would build a lean to. Actually he would build a whole freaking home with walls and such out of the land. We cought fish in our hands and ate what we caught. I bet what you described sucked, but I still would love to go and live off the land in the mountains. I so miss the Rockies and Tetons. I could stay up there forever. I plan on going back home at some point.

My roommate now taught me to rapell (spell) and he is a huge mountain man type person. He makes thes burners out of soda cans and hunts most excellently. A few years back he took down an elk. He used to take me into the mountains just to sit and listen to the quiet. I remember walking once and there was a huge spiderweb, as big as me across the path and he moved it with a stick and made sure the web stayed intact. It was pretty cool. You should see his outdoor photography. Anyhow, the only thing I really hate is the leeches and mosquitos. OOOH I hate them. But a good dose of Avon Skin So soft does wonders.

I guess I would like a few comforts while making my way cross country.

I am homesick.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Sparkplug,I`m back in the wilderness..I live on a mountian,on a beautiful ranch.I have lakes all around(no leaches this time.LOL!!)Herds of deer wander my property.I have eagles,bear,squirrel..My dog would never make a good squirrel,he can`t hide his nuts..LOL!!..Streams,creeks and rivers to gold pan in.The gold here is bright yellow and rust coloured,I`ve found both colours in the same creek...OUTLAW

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Sparkplug,I`m back in the wilderness..I live on a mountian in a beautiful ranch.I have lakes all around(no leaches this time.LOL!!)Herds of deer wander my property.I have eagles,bear,squirrel..My dog would never make a good squirrel,he can`t hide his nuts..LOL!!..Streams,creeks and rivers to gold pan in.The gold here is bright yellow and rust coloured,I`ve found both colours in the same creek...OUTLAW

Makes me swoon. I am so damn green with envy.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    We cought fish in our hands and ate what we caught. I bet what you described sucked, but I still would love to go and live off the land in the mountains. I so miss the Rockies and Tetons. I could stay up there forever. I plan on going back home at some point.

My idea of camping: Holiday Inn. IHOP. Wal-Mart. FLUSH TOILETS.

'Nuff said.

Nina (of the Cream Puff Class)

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

This week it was trying to be office manager in Dallas AND Austin, so Tuesday I took the 6:30 a.m. flight to Austin to [seriously] MOVE A FILE CABINET FROM THE 9TH FLOOR TO THE 8TH FLOOR. I kid you not, there wasn't one person in that gossipy, whiny, back-stabbing office that I could ask to do it who wouldn't either f*** it up, injure themselves, or complain it wasn't their job. I am so proud of my Dallas office -- we have great people who just do what needs to be done, no matter what it is. After that, I loaded a supposedly portable convention booth (two heavy canisters and a few other bits & pieces) into my rented SUV and drove it to the Houston office. The convention at which we are exhibiting is next month. Then I flew home from Houston.

Nina,

anyone that can wrestle a cabinet like you is no cream puff...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit