TWO down and counting

by crossroads 61 Replies latest jw friends

• dubl_a
    dubl_a

conflict-

jdubla, I don't know what you want from us.

hopefully from my last post you can see im asking you for nothing. in fact, i believe i was carrying on this dispute of war vs. no war with stephen and cross before you joined in, so i really had no idea what your stance on war was to begin with. obviously you advocate it in the same manner that i do. cross and stephen seemingly do not advocate it (war) for any reason, or at least not in this instance with bid laden and his followers.

aa

• conflicted
    conflicted

dubl_a,

It appears that underneath all the rhetoric you and I have similar opinions regarding how this situation is best handled. Upon reading back I only see one area where we are differing, my desire and your lack thereof, for understanding.

I may have put too much import upon this point - I 'want' to understand why this happened, but I don't 'need' to understand to bring this situation to a conclusion.

You don't care to know why the attack happened or why the Afghani's celebrate. That is fine, but my desire to further my understanding of other people doesn't make me a sick person and doesn't mean I support what they have done.

actually you are dead wrong on this one. they may not agree with our way of life, but you need to do some serious research on bid laden if you think this is why he has attacked the u.s. this is part of a holy war for him, and he and his followers believe that god has chosen them to rid the earth of all americans/christians/jews/etc.,

And why does he believe the earth needs to be ridden of americans/christians/jews/etc? Because his interpretation of islam lead him to believe that americans et. al. are evil - ie he doesn't agree with our way of life. We can round and round on this for days.

• dubl_a
    dubl_a
    You don't care to know why the attack happened or why the Afghani's celebrate. That is fine, but my desire to further my understanding of other people doesn't make me a sick person and doesn't mean I support what they have done.

i dont think it makes you a sick person to want to understand whats behind it, and i wouldnt say i dont care to know either. when i say i dont want to understand why someone enjoys watching a murder, maybe i do associate understanding with support in that instance, im not sure. but you are correct, this is of little importance in the grand scheme of how this situation is best handled.

And why does he believe the earth needs to be ridden of americans/christians/jews/etc? Because his interpretation of islam lead him to believe that americans et. al. are evil - ie he doesn't agree with our way of life. We can round and round on this for days.

very true, we could probably go round and round on this one, and it would serve no purpose. i was merely stating that from what i had read and researched, these attacks and his views on us were more racial than anything else. (that these were the "evil" races/religions). along these lines then, if it were racial, obviously we do not choose our race, but we choose our way of life. again though, probably a pointless argument.

aa

• conflicted
    conflicted
    i was merely stating that from what i had read and researched, these attacks and his views on us were more racial than anything else.

I on the other hand have heard and read that this was strictly a muslim/non-muslim issue. The 'real truth' is probably a combination of the two, but I would be the first to say that my entire knowledge of bin laden and his movement is what I've seen on the news (not the most trustworthy of sources), and it would be in my best interest to research some more.

I think I'm done on this topic until then - it's been fun tho, see y'all soon :)

• crossroads
    crossroads

I WANT THEM TO SAY WHO WE ARE GOING TO WAR WITH FOR IT IS NOT A WAR ON TERRORISM.

IRA----Britain has not surrounded. Known Plastinien and
    ISREALIE terrorist have not been either. BTW---Isreal has a
    State because of their own Terrorism on the Palestiniens.
    WE supported that WHY WHY WHY WHY ? It was Terrorism
    Look at what the Arabs see .

Another NEWS FLASH---first suicide bomber met with Iraqi
    intellegence in Eroupe earlier this year. IRAQ----but hey
    we want the easy three in a row ONE MAN ONE ORGANIZATION
    I think not. WE want Vengence and we don't give a damn.

Before you look at another remove the rafter from your own eye.
    America never will after all is not our NATURE too.

I'm all for getting whose responsible the Rhetoric of WAR will
    lead to a religous war. Islam is a peaceful faith but in a time
    of WAR who are these PEACEFUL people going to side with.
    With Jah or Alah, do we stand for freedom of religion or not.
    Are all men(even those with breads and turbins) created equal
    or not. Kings pawn to k-4.

If we go against what we stand for THEY(whoever they may be)
    WIN. They just put an X in the middle square good luck winning.

"war is not the answer only love can conquer hate"

• dubl_a
    dubl_a

cross-

only one more post for me today, gotta go. your ignorance keeps showing so bright though, i just cant refrain......

but hey
    we want the easy three in a row ONE MAN ONE ORGANIZATION
    I think not.

um, actually no. go back and watch tapes of all of bush's statements. we (not just the u.s., but all other countries that are in agreement with us as well) are waging war on ALL terrorist, not just bid laden's group.....and we will no doubt end up infiltrating more than one country, and finding/fighting more than one terrorist group.

do we stand for freedom of religion or not.
    Are all men(even those with breads and turbins) created equal
    or not. Kings pawn to k-4.

actually, it is indeed the men who planned and carried out these attacks who do not believe in freedom of religion. this war against terrorism will be to uphold freedom of religion, but i'm quite sure you don't understand any of this.

aa

• crossroads
    crossroads

Yes I'm ignorant
    "We are waging war on ALL terrorist"
    I'm just a dumb stupid polock so can you explain ALL to me.
    I have asked you if we are doing these things to OTHER
    terrorist groups. NO we are not. It seems ALL Terroist just
    means Islamic ones. But hey I'm the ignorant one right.

Seems to me you belong on Bin Laden's side the prejudice
    your showing me the name calling and the like.

Remember I know I'm ignorant but Bin Laden's rhetoric does
    not say anthing about FREEDOM of RELIGION---OURS does.
    Can I get you that ticket now.

"War is not the answer only love can conguer hate"

• dubla
    dubla

cross-

I'm just a dumb stupid polock...

i had no idea you were polish.

can you explain ALL to me.
    I have asked you if we are doing these things to OTHER
    terrorist groups. NO we are not. It seems ALL Terroist just
    means Islamic ones.

this is what i mean by ignorant comments. you may or may not be an ignorant person, i do not know, but your comments definitely show ignorance. what i said was that we would be waging a war against ALL terrorists, and yes that DEFINITELY means other terrorist groups BESIDES islamic ones. the islamic/bin laden led groups are the focal point right now because they just leveled nyc. so yes, we will no doubt start there......but this act of violence has brought terrorism to the forefront of everyone's mind, all nations, all faiths, all races. this war will include OTHER terrorist groups, not just islamic ones. bid ladens group is only a START, and i think a pretty good one. it will in fact be a war on ALL of them.

Seems to me you belong on Bin Laden's side the prejudice
    your showing me the name calling and the like.

i apologize if i hurt your feelings or offended you in any way. really i do not consider it "name calling" to point out someone's ignorance on a topic, or to say that a particular statement is ignorant, but perhaps i should tone it down a little for the easily offended.

Bin Laden's rhetoric does
    not say anthing about FREEDOM of RELIGION---OURS does.

yes, our "rhetoric" as you put it does talk about "freedom of religion", and as well it should. freedom of religion is an important constitutional right that we all hold dear in this nation. bid laden does not believe in "freedom of religion", in fact he believes it's his sole purpose to restore the earth to the post-muhammad time period when islam was the only faith allowed to be practiced. i'm not quite sure where you wish to go with the "freedom of religion" aspect of this discussion, as it is very cut and dried, and i'm sure you're behind the u.s. on at least that point, namely that we should continue to have freedom of religion.

aa

• crossroads
    crossroads

We will see in the weeks, months and years to come who
    is the ignorant one. Feel free to bring this to the top when
    your Brillance is proved correct. I'll do the same if my
    ignorance shines through

Peace Out

"War is not the answer only love can conquer hate"

• muslima
    muslima

Thank you Crossroads for your attempts to make others understand how Arabs - Muslim and non-Muslim alike feel:

Isreal has a
    State because of their own Terrorism on the Palestiniens.
    WE supported that WHY WHY WHY WHY ? It was Terrorism
    Look at what the Arabs see .

Arabs do not hate America and Americans - dispite how they phrase themselves. What they do HATE is America's foreign policy -- and their unconditional support for Israel - and supplying the arms that kill Arab men, women and children everyday. How can they be expected to grieve for our people who die -- when people here think the best Arab is a dead one?

Arabs are human like anyone else. Just like we want revenge for the death of our innocent neighbors -- they want revenge for the deaths that occur among their people DAILY. We are given time to grieve -- their events of death happen EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit