TWO down and counting

by crossroads 61 Replies latest jw friends

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Cross
    "War games" was just on the weekend before this happened.

• dubla
    dubla

cross-

thank you for replying to the parts of my post to you that you had an answer for, and ignoring the rest.

People in this country need to wake up
    now!!!!!!!! not half way through a war we can't win.

again, youve stated your point about america "wak(ing) up", and you still have not, on either of the two threads on this topic, offered even ONE alternate, intelligent solution to preventing more terrorist attacks, other than war/retaliation/force.

aa

• conflicted
    conflicted
    I understand why they cheer over there...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then we are obviously on two VERY different sides of this topic. i do not wish to understand such behavior, and the fact that you or anyone else claims to understand it, or defend it, saddens me, as well as making me sick to my stomach.

If we don't educate ourselves as to WHY these thing occur we are bound to repeat them. You say you don't wish to understand their behavior, and that you are saddened and sickened by those who do. You are mistaking education for support.

Just because I want to know why they did this doesn't mean I agree with them. When we (on both sides) can come to an understanding and mutual respect for each others way of life terrorism ceases to exist.

As long as people refuse to look at a situation from both sides we as a civilization are doomed to destroy ourselves.

When you say you have no desire to understand them you are commiting youself to the same mindset the terrorists have - lack of respect for others.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

JDUB
    i dont need to speak for my brother .. but did you not read the request from the Egyptina Diplomat to MS Williamson....

THe solution is us knowing and respecting them & them us.. and they feeling just as we do , that terrorism sucks

• dubla
    dubla

conflict-

bravo at taking my comments out of context, and once again adding nothing to the "solution" column of our current dilemma.

When you say you have no desire to understand them you are commiting youself to the same mindset the terrorists have

i do not have to wonder why they have done these things, they make it known to all "why". i never said i did not wish to understand why the attacks happened and will continue to happen, what i do not wish to understand or defend is the rejoicing over the murder of thousands of men women and children.

a question for you conflict.......if you suddendly found out that your mother/father/child was brutally assulted, raped, stabbed, tortured and killed......would you want them to find the person or persons who committed the act and bring them to justice? perhaps your loved one was a plant manager in a local factory that was hated by his employees. how would you feel if you saw a bar full of these employees break out into cheers and applause upon seeing the story of the attack on the news? would your first thoughts be "i want to understand this rejoicing over my loved one's death....i want to know exactly why they are so happy today"? or would it in fact sicken you that anyone could possibly rejoice over such a brutal act on him/her? think about it and try to answer truthfully.

aa

• dubla
    dubla
    THe solution is us knowing and respecting them & them us.. and they feeling just as we do , that terrorism sucks

once again, this sounds nice, but does not offer a plan of action against the terrorists that are still out there waiting to attack again.

aa

• dubla
    dubla

conflict-

one more thing...

we as a civilization are doomed to destroy ourselves.

this i agree with you on.

aa

• dubla
    dubla

to all reading this thread-

i have not ONCE said that war is the absolute and only way to combat these terrorists. all ive been asking for from the pacifists here is an ALTERNATE plan of action that can IMMEDIATELY help prevent more terrorist activities, keeping in mind that bid laden has many more in his group just waiting for their next set of orders. so far, ive had zero responses to this question, and im guessing that number will only decrease.

aa

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

JDUB
    I will offer & agree with what ASHCROFT SAID...

NOTHING can prevetn this from happening if one chooses this course.

I hope you get whatever answer you seek....we all began somewhere just as those who flew those planes did..... the IDEA that its acceptable for another human to dothis terror.....is not in my opinion OK

SO please do tell me the SOLUTION to PREVENTING this THOUGHT

S

• crossroads
    crossroads

jdubla----yes i have----first and formost stopping U.S. funding
    of terrorism through out the world!!!!!!! we funded the Afgans
    3 billion dollars worth---I'll say it again "Oh what a tangle
    web we weave when we practice to decieve".

We funded the Iraq government and look, We funded the
    Iran government and look. This is the best part LOOK and
    SEE. If Pakistan helps us they want our help against their
    dispute with INDIA. INDIA a Billion people nuclear weapons THAT CAN BE DELIVERED. Talk about war games are you
    ready for this. We are just getting what we paid for and help
    sponser. So are we going to think and play chess or as we
    americans are so use to doing, going to be led in a game of Tic-Tac-Toe. Sorry to inform you there is no three in a row.

Chess takes time to be played well but in the end their is
    Mate----I'm "Searching for Bobby [RFK] Fisher" want to help
    in the Search.

About celebrating WE do it better than any when INNOCENT
    people die-----Watch and see----we've done it before.
    A litttle story then I'll go.
    My little boy was 2 months old I was feeding him when CNN
    blasterd the pictures of us bombing Bahgdad. My feeling
    was oh my god. My first thought the first one was to a father
    who was doing the same as I over their. His only crime
    where he lives. When I got to the Little League meeting that
    night I started talking about how sad this all was. Everyone
    else EVERYONE was doing a jig. Yes my man we will dance
    and sing we will just do it inside. I hope you have a nice party
    BTW I won't be attending.

"War is not the answer only love can conquer hate"

WE HAVE STIRRED UP A LOT OF HATE