Has a “brother” ever screwed you?

by noontide 40 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It's funny how Witnesses aren't allowed to spend $1.00 on a lottery ticket because that's "greed" and "profiting at someone else's loss", but you sure can try and get rich quick with little effort by duping your brothers and sisters into the pyramid scheme which seems to infiltrate virtually every Hall.

Yes, it IS strange, isn't it? My recollection was that nothing, but nothing, was allowed to come between a dub elder and his financial interests. I saw the very worst examples in Bethel elders actually.

I recall that downunder we had a case where an innfluential bethel elder got a Special pioneer struck off the list because in her business capacity, she wasn't able to get him the deal he expected! The poor woman was brought before a judicial committee and was lucky to avoid DF - the Service Department overseer was a croney of the aggrieved elder.

A shocking case.

• JH
    JH

Yes ! by their actions and also their "lack" of actions.

When I lost my job and needed one badly, they ignored me completely, and could have hired me in the cleaning business. Gee, they even had worldly people working for them.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings noontide,

Great question! & Welcome to JWD.

Re: Has a “brother” ever screwed you?

You bet they have. I'll post the story a bit later

Dismembered

• moshe
    moshe

We helped a family in need move to a rental we had in Florida- I was glad to finally get them to move out after six months. I might have collected one or two months of rent, not to mention the cleanup/repair costs. What a mess they left.

• juni
    juni

YES!

Big time. That was my husband by an elder. Also knew of others who didn't report income.

There are a lot of horror stories. Have found that those "awful worldly people" are for the most part great to work with/for.

Seems like the "brothers" use others and expect them to overlook their business practices because they are a "pillar" in the cong.

Juni

Welcome noontide to the forum!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Well screwed over here means shagged. And no I havent ever been screwed by a brother or former brother. I am probably unique on this board in that respect.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Damn you crumpet you got here before me.

I was about to say:-

Nope not unless he did it whilst I was asleep and incapacitated lol.

DB74

• JH
    JH

I knew an elder who had a cleaning business and hired brothers on welfare and gave them 2 bucks an hour.

This is how he did it.

A person on welfare here can earn $200 a month without being taken away from his monthly check, so the elder made welfare brothers work for 200$ for their whole month, and the elder kept the profits...

That way the brother on welfare had his $550 monthly check from the Gov. and had $200 from the brother in the cleaning business.

The elder had welfare brothers working for him 100 hours a month and gave them 200$ so that makes $2 an hour. The elder kept the profits and the brothers didnt complain because they couldn't earn more than $200 a month without it being taken away from the gov.

• Genesis
    Genesis

Yes, I had that brother when I was 15-16-17 that was acting like my father cause mine was living far away and he was offering me job in his cleaning business. The thing is that he didnt pay me all the hours I did and was always missing 50$ to 100$ on my pay check but I feared him so I kept my mouth shut.

One day I said it when we where on the road and he became very angry and speeded up to 140 Km/hours in a little road and was shouting : You are always unsatisfied but if you had real problems like me you would know what real life is. Also for a job that took 7 hours to do he would pay me 4 saying that I was too slow (i was considered one of the best worker in the cleaning business). And guess what, since he was doing 4 days a week and me 3 days he was neglecting his job and then the first night I worked I had to clean his shit.

That guy was a pedophile (only with girls luckily for me) and a drunkard. When I was 15 he gave me too much beer that I became Ill and was always trying to make us drink (me and the other teenagers, cause he did his hoax in all congregation he was). He was acting like a father and when he would have nothing left to gain he would dump us like garbage. Fortunatly I had him removed as the PO and an elder with the help of my bestfriend and the guy even said he would come and beat us with a baseball bat, he never came. I dreamed of him last night and I was beating him to a pulp...

Needed to vent.

Genesis, The knife

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    A person on welfare here can earn $200 a month without being taken away from his monthly check, so the elder made welfare brothers work for 200$ for their whole month, and the elder kept the profits...

Is there no minimum wage regulations over there JH; thats shocking.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit