Possible new (furry) addition to our family .......

by Alana 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Alana
    Alana

Restrangled,

I thinks it's horrible how people can just abandon pets, but I know it happens all the time. Our Vet said that it's not unusual to see people bring in strays they find, who have medical problems that perhaps the owners couldn't afford to treat, so they just dump them. I had two shepherd/chow mixes who had run off one day.....we lived in the country at the time....they had done this before, but always came back. Well, we were moving from Illinois to Texas in 5-days. They never came home before we left and I worried that they'd come back after we left and be abandoned. My ever so gracious ex-husband just said they were probably "coyote chow". Nice, huh?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

He's a Staffordshire Bull Terrier/Pit Bull Terrier cross Alana, and his name is Butch.

We adopted him from a local animal shelter about 3 months ago, and he is very much part of the family now.

Linda

• Alana
    Alana

Linda,

DUH......I should have known the breed. I have one friend with a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and another friend has a Boxer/Pit Bull Terrier mix. Her coloring is alot like your dog's, so I had Sage on my mind when I said Boxer. Oops. Anyway, he's a beautiful dog.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Sweet doggies Alana! Sophie looks quite old in the pic - did the vet give a guesstimate on her age? She sounds like she had been 'on the road' for some time before she reached you, either that or badly neglected on the grooming side.

One of my cats is called Sophie - she too was in a real bad state when her previous owner found her, but he paid all the vet fees to get her well enough again. She has a serious heart problem and he was unable to take her to live with him in Spain when he emigrated (she wouldn't have survived the journey) so I adopted her. She's a sweetie too

• Alana
    Alana

TheVet estimated her age to be about 5 or 6 years old.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That was really nice of you to give the unfortunate dog a nice home, dogs have feelings like humans and they get hurt if abandoned or grossly neglected or lose their familiar environment. They also need love and affection.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

AWW

Alana - I has tekken the idea you wiz goin' to 'dopt me!!

Cute pics tho.

HB

• mama1119
    mama1119

Oh, they look so sweet. We adopted doggie from the shelter and he is the best dog, minus the insane digging, but he is so sweet tempered. I love dogs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit