Would you still remember most names of JW's in your congregation?

by JH 27 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I'd certainly remember all the adults, unless anyone has moved in from another area since I left, and I would most likely remember all the kids as well. It's only just over a year since I was last there, and I know nothing much has changed, apart from a few more leaving.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I always thought I would, but the honest answer is no. I have been dealing w/ a sick mother and when a couple of her long time JW friends came over to the house, I could not recall their names for the life of me. It dawned on me that when my mom passes, I am going to be in trouble, because people I grew up w/ will show up and I will have no recollection of their names.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

But of course I would. I still love them.

• south african beef
    south african beef

I would remember most but when I was giving question and answer items on the service meeting I would forget everyones names when they put their hands up!

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

I remember most of them. I just wouldn't know all the people that have moved in the last few years.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Most Witnesses working for the Society here now weren't born yet when I kicked the door of the Kingdom Hall on my way out in 1974. The ones who were born were juveniles. The ones older than me must be either dead or disfellowshipped. The only way I know I'm looking at a Witness is if I see an odd mix group all wearing out of date business suits and dresses on a hot Sunday in the supermarket deli no tip seating area.
    They sit there in this eclectic group and one by one make the long walk to the public restrooms. The over dressed adolescent girls are the easiest to spot. The center food court in the mall is a good Witness watching spot too. Free seating, public bathrooms and coffee and food for those who are so inclined.
    They always stand out as odd due to their behavior and due to their costumes. They are obviously fundraisers for some radicle cult. The presence of older people mixed with the young is the tip off that they are Witnesses.

• LouisaWas
    LouisaWas

Yes..since I spent most of my life in the congregation I would...I might no longer recognize some since they have aged...and I have as well.

• raylo
    raylo

I have a bad memory and when I don't care about something it's even worse. I never paid attention to the kids, so damn them.... I didn't know their names to begin with. Other people while I may remember their faces I can't recall their names.. and I only stopped going a maybe 3 years ago. I of course do remember some names, but for the most part I've resorted to saying sister 'what's her face' or brother 'whicha-ma-callit' or 'that boy, you know the one with the big head?'

Raylo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit