Can the JWs really be called Christians?

by greendawn 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Geronimo
    Geronimo

How would YOU like it if some Methodists decided that whatever sect YOU are part of "isn't Christian" because your sect doesn't fit THEIR definition of Christian? I know that you fundies and evangelicals have a special Gift from God that enables you to read and judge the hearts of others, but might I suggest you come on down from the Summit of Sinai to Calvary and learn some humility and grace? Just a thought. G

• free2beme
    free2beme

Well the label of Christian has been given to far worse religions, then the Witnesses. So let them have it too.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

It depends on who you would ask, probably. Seems people have all different kinds of criteria on what makes a christian, a christian. My criteria is... do they use the new testatment? yes? then, yes. they qualify as christian regardless of who they pray to, whether they believe in a trinity, whether they consider themselves brothers of christ, or whatever. They use that part of the bible, they are christian.

I know that makes christians uneasy, but they are using the same book, just interpreting it differently, as most christian religions do.

• Geronimo
    Geronimo
    Is there a reason why you must yell?

Is there a reason you must strain out gnats while swallowing a camel? Here, is this font more to your Pharisaic liking? Pharisees are always about judging others and building fences and majoring in minors. I write arge because I see very poorly. So sorry that I inconvenienced you, Your Holiness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit