How many hours do your work a week?

by liquidsky 30 Replies latest jw friends

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Just curious. I work between 50-to 65 hours a week, sometimes 70. In fact I don't of anyone in the company I work for that works less then 48. Does anyone here work a "normal" 40 hour week? Does it even exist anymore?

I'm asking because my poor dad is working a 45+ hours a week, plus 5 meetings a week, plus field service on Saturdays and Sundays, and he the responsibilities of being a ministerial servent (talks, conducting bookstudy etc.) I feel so bad, and it makes me sad to see him so tired and worn out all the time. If the whole "my burden is light" thing is so true with the Jw's, why is it aging my poor dad so much???

• Highlander
    Highlander

I have my own business, so I'm working 80 hours a week. It's really getting to me so I'll be shutting down my main business and getting a normal job that will be easier on me.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

40-60 depending on the weather and such.

have worked 60+ 1 hour comute+all meetings and fs=a burned out mofo.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Highlander... holy crap!

I'd go nuts working 80 hours. Most I've done is 72 and I was major bitch that week.

• moshe
    moshe

I hate to reveal this, but my company pays me to sit home- going on 11 months now. Chrysler closed my plant and sent me home to await reasignment to another manufacturing facility last year. Due to the slow sales of trucks and Suv's, it seems unlikely that I will go back to work before next year, if then. I used to work 60-70 hrs a week, 2 out of 3 Saturdays mandatory overtime,too. If I was still a JW, they would be hounding me to Pioneer, I'm sure.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Depending on what is happening I work 10 to 12 hours 6 to 7 days a week.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I use to work 12 hour days seven days a week. Now I work 10-12 hour days 5-6 days per week. I also use all my vacation time now. At one point I had accumulated 2 months vacation time. I will quit work before I go back to working 7 days a week 12 hour days. It is just not worth it no matter how much money they throw at me. A person needs their down time.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Man I thought I worked crazy hours... This week its 47.5. Thats 10 more than standard

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

43-50 hours per week. There is just too much work and not enough time. Everything at work is a "right now" situation, which doesn't help.

• blondie
    blondie

I work 40 hours a week now. At one time I worked 84 hours a week, 12 hours/day 7 days/week. But that was only for 6 months. I also worked full-time, part-time, and went to college full-time. That was a busy time. I prefer working 40 hours now. I make about as much money as when I worked 70 hours now that I can use my schooling.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit