So what exactly IS the unforgivable sin...?

by Kudra 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kudra
    Kudra

Apologies if this has been covered before...
    But is it apostacy --- not being repentant for anything (no matter what the "sin" is) --- saying *something* (I forget what) about the "holy spirit"- this last one seems sorta familiar...
    Can anyone help me on this?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The unforgivable sin is telling someone that they have an inherited metaphysical defect that requires the intervention of imaginary superheros.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I was always told it was talking or acting against the holy spirit, but I have no idea what that means.

• moshe
    moshe

Thinking for yourself and having the courage to follow through.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

wearing white shoes after labor day....thats one that you'll burn for....

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I have asked thie question soooooo many times. The only answer I get: "Sinning against the holy the holy spirit." Sinning against the holy spirit to the JW's means working against the organization. In other words being apostate. I've never had a JW come right out and say apostacy is the unforgivable sin... but being a JW once a upton a time, I know this is what they believe.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

The unforgivable sin, is sinning against the holy spirit.

No, I cannot explain what "sinning against the holy spirit" is, and neither can the Society.

They write pages and pages explaining what this is, and you will not find the answer in any of it.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

In WTS theology, it's really pretty simple: The unforgiveable sin is a sin over which you do not repent. Really - that's the JW answer, though most JWs cannot get their heads around that.

S4

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The unforgivable sin?..Drinking the last friggin cold beer and not putting more in the fridge..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Kudra
    Kudra

So I can relax... Right?
    If it is for something that I don't repent over ---then all I do is repent when I see the big A a-comin'. Problem solved.
    If it is the mere commission of apostacy, then I'm f***ed and it doesn't matter WHAT I do now... so I can go have fun- eat drink, you know the scene.
    Such weirdness...
    -K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit