ANOTHER flip-flop!!

by hamsterbait 32 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

V points out in another thread, that the Revelation book has changed the teaching that the "Rivers of Life's Waters" starts flowing after Armagedy to 1914.

The book "Light" 1931 says that this began in 1919:

"... the river did not begin to proceed until AFTER God had placed his annointed One on his throne in Zion, in 1914, at the birth of the kingdom.It is more reasonable to conclude that this river of water began to flow after the Lord came to his temple [in 1918] for then ... the flashes of lightning began to come to the people of God." p.255

The book "From Paradise Lost to paradise Regained 1958 says 1914:

"The "little flock" of 144, 000 are joint heirs of God's kingdom with Jesus and make up "New Jerusalem". So the waters of life flow from the heavenly kingdom set up in 1914 and refresh the New Jerusalem. How is this life-bringing water brought to people on the earth? The "river of water of life" is pictured as flowing down the middle of New Jerusalem's broad way. This means the waters must also flow through the remnant ... of the "little flock" of 144, 000 on earth." p. 199 Watchtower 1960 15 July pp.439 - 40 1919 again: "The "discreet slave" class since 1919 has been channeling an ever-increasing flow of Biblical publications by the millions that contain the waters of life."

The book "The nations shall know I am Jehovah - How?" 1972 ties Revelation 22 with Ezekiel 47. It says that the river in Ezekiel becomesa deep torrent because more and more people would be resurrected as the millennium progresses. "Paradise Restored to mankind by Theocracy" teaches the same.

Now the first edition of the "Climax" book has to be corrected to an older version of New Light.

How truth is flashing up for the righteous, just like a tasteless christmas tree!!

HB

• Gill
    Gill

Hamsterbait - Definitive proof that God is a woman. She keeps changing her mind to keep her bridegroom on the Earth, the erstwhile GB, on their toes!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

It's all so trivial. Just stick with something, you clods!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Hamsterbait - Definitive proof that God is a woman. She keeps changing her mind to keep her bridegroom on the Earth, the erstwhile GB, on their toes!

Yup! She gotta keep her men interested!

• Highlander
    Highlander

It is more reasonable to conclude

I'm so sick of that 'logic'

It is reasonable to conclude that I'm superman from the planet krypton, but we all know that I'll never fly.

• juni
    juni

Sir Nose said:

It's all so trivial. Just stick with something, you clods!!

That's a good one!! Why don't they give up the idea of attaching WT history to every verse in Revelation????

Juni

• Warlock
    Warlock

That's why all y'all need to be commended for keeping up with all this crap. There is just NO WAY I'm going to look back at all this stuff.

Warlock

• gumby
    gumby
    It is more reasonable to conclude that this river of water began to flow after the Lord came to his temple [in 1918] for then ... the flashes of lightning began to come to the people of God." p.255

The book "From Paradise Lost to paradise Regained 1958 says 1914:

"The "little flock" of 144, 000 are joint heirs of God's kingdom with Jesus and make up "New Jerusalem". So the waters of life flow from the heavenly kingdom set up in 1914 and refresh the New Jerusalem. How is this life-bringing water brought to people on the earth? The "river of water of life" is pictured as flowing down the middle of New Jerusalem's broad way. This means the waters must also flow through the remnant ... of the "little flock" of 144, 000 on earth." p. 199

Which is a bunch of lying bullshit!

In 1918 the only "people of god" was J.F.Rutherford who took over in 1916 and who was the only one who recieved ANY "flashes of light". Gods people didn't have shit to say about ANY flashes of light....only Rutherford.

As for the remnant (the New Jerusalem )....absolutely ZERO waters flowed through them. Any waters that flowed went right through the asses of the GB which consist of about 10-15 men at any given time.......so their CLAIMS that water flows through anyone BESIDES them.... is bogus and a flat out lie.

Gumtattletale

• earthtone
    earthtone

You know... I read that and was so confused that I had to reread it like 3 more times. This is how they get people! You end up just nodding your head yes to it all, all the while not knowing what your nodding your head too, because they make that garbage sound so deep. Too deep for my spirtually weak azz to understand. Or so I think!

I'm so glad I have seen the light. And not the "new light" from the light bulb that keeps getting changed.

I would have read that awhile ago and so oh yes, it so clear, when now I just say oh what crap!

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Earthtone....good point.

This is how they get people! You end up just nodding your head yes to it all, all the while not knowing what your nodding your head too, because they make that garbage sound so deep. Too deep for my spirtually weak azz to understand. Or so I think!

Isn't it nice when you can NOW read what the witnesses believe and see it for what it is?.

As you say, when we were dub believers, there were many things that racked our brain in trying to understand many of their explanations on matters. When we couldn't grasp it we just chalked it up to the fact that we didn't have the insight our leaders had. We believed they had it all figured out and under control and so we accepted that since we believed this was jehovahs arrangement. We put men above ourselves, yet were instructed not to do that. Cults never make reasonable sense.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit