Why don't JWs pursue hobbies?

by Gill 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mama1119
    mama1119

I know the elders, in our old hall, kind of picked and choosed who who could have a hobby freely and not be "counsled". They never did criticize the wine makers.....I wonder why .......

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Who the hell had time? People turn thier spare time into gossip sessions, fooling themselves that they were talking about spiritual things when they were bashing each other and dishing the dirt.

That's the theocratic hobby of choice.

W.Once

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

*** w04 8/15 p. 24 Tired but Not Tiring Out ***
    . One married couple decided to eliminate some of their hobbies and nonessential personal projects. They actually went through their things and literally packed all the materials related to such projects and put them out of sight. Periodically, we can all benefit from taking inventory of our habits and possessions, putting off every unnecessary weight so that we may not get tired and give out in our souls.

w02 8/1 p. 31 Earnest Effort—When Is It Blessed by Jehovah? ***
    I remember when we studied that article at the meeting. I was so tempted to comment that it would be appropriate for the elders to put their golf clubs away so they would have more time for Jehovah. About that time, the local paper had a picture and article featuring two or three of the prominent elders out on the golf course and how it was a "family affair."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit