Is it harder to get reinstated after being df'd for apostasy....

by JH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Chiddy,

Please. What are you getting at?

r.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Apostasy can be forgiven (see scan), and a person can be reinstated, however, it is a tough road back. Even after reinstatement there would be restrictions, probationary periods of at least one year, and that is if the one being reinstated in found to be crystal clean by the elders. Any judgement by the elders of the one seeking reinstatement of still being part of the world, could lead to an extended time for disfellowshipment, or extra time for restrictions and probation after reinstatement. Example: If a person was disfellowshipped for "apostasy" and were seen with another person who was judged as an "apostate",(or disfellowshipped), then the elders could conclude that the person seeking reinstatement, is not being totally honest with them as to "repentance". They would judge the one seeking reinstatement as still wanting to associate with apostates or the world, and instead of this person being reinstated after returning to the meetings for a period of one year, the elders may conclude that more time is needed for them to be sure that this person is showing the proper repentance according to their observations. It could take 2--3 or more years depending upon the judicial committee elders who disfellowshipped the person. The person trying to be reinstated will be watched all the time at the meetings by the elders, and other witnesses will report back to the elders anything at all that seems out of line with Watchtower teachings or rules. Anything minor could be made to appear major and can be used against the person seeking reinstatement. Anything can be used against them as showing disrespect for theocratic arrangement. If the person seeking reinstatement believes he or she will not be "spied" upon, then they have their head in the sand! Missing any meetings could hinder or delay reinstatement. The persons appearance coming to the meetings is important. If they are obedient in arriving late and leaving early from meetings is important. Whether or not they attempt to raise their hand at a meeting could extend their disfellowship time period. Chewing gum or eating candy at the meetings would also be frowned upon. Are they paying attention at the meetings or falling asleep is watched by the elders. In short---The person lives on pins and needles until they are reinstated and they never know when exactly that is going to be. All Scriptures Inspired/para-30/ http://www.badongo.com/pic/279576 30 The principles set out in Ezekiel are also invaluable to us today. Apostasy and idolatry, coupled with rebellion, can only lead to Jehovah’s disfavor. (Ezek. 6:1-7; 12:2-4, 11-16) Each one will answer for his own sin, but Jehovah will forgive the one who turns back from his wrong course. That one will be granted mercy and will keep living. (18:20-22) God’s servants must be faithful watchmen like Ezekiel, even in difficult assignments and under ridicule and reproach. We must not let the wicked die unwarned, with their blood upon our heads. (3:17; 33:1-9) Shepherds of God’s people bear a heavy responsibility to care for the flock. Nevada-

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

I forgot to put the page number down for the scan in the post above. All Scriptures Inspired- page 137-paragraph-30. Sorry!

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's an impossibility in my case because the apostasy I have been exposed to on this board is incurable.

• done4good
    done4good

I know of one person, in a former cong that was able to do it, but only with major a$$ kissing. And this continued for the rest of their existence in the org.

j

• blondie
    blondie

onacruse,who posted on JWD for some time, was reinstated after being df'd for apostasy.

It would be worthwhile looking up his experience on JWD. I have to go to work now.

Blondie

• juni
    juni

How unlike Jesus' illustration of the prodigal son.

Juni

• moshe
    moshe

And why would someone with over 10,000 posts have the desire to get reinstated, again?

TO qualify for an inheritance from a JW relative.

50 yr old guy wants to marry a 22 yr old sister

The draft is re-activated- a 22 yr old guy needs a religious deferment

A 22 yr old woman wants to marry a rich 50 yr old brother with a bad heart.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I would think it might be harder, as the elders would be wary of really trusting someone who has spoken against the society. I find it hard to imagine someone who has done that wanting to be reinstated anyway. If they know it's not the truth, why go back? It wouldn't make any sense.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That will be tougher since the elders will be worried about any possible bad remenants in their thinking that can infect the congo. So they will be afflicted more before reinstatement, but as said above who wants such a move back to a destructive cult?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit