Is it harder to get reinstated after being df'd for apostasy....

by JH 30 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Is it harder to get reinstated after being df'd for apostasy than any other sin?

I would imagine that if a JW admitted posting here over 10,000 times, that it could be difficult to be re-instated....lmao

• pratt1
    pratt1

If not impossible, I'm sure it extremely humilating.

The brothers will no doubt ask you every question they can think of just to make sure you don't harbor any lingering apostate ideas.

They will no doubt make you wait a few years before they even consider you for re-instatement after you intially send in your letter.

My question is, why would anyone who has had their eys open, go back to the darkness.

The reason would have to border on a life or death situation

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

That's too funny!!! I think you've got a point there.

And why would someone with over 10,000 posts have the desire to get reinstated, again?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i dunno if its any harder..you'd think so but they want as many good booksellers as they can get.

i know of one ex elder who got reinstated after being df'd for apostasy

he was df'd for 4 yrs and went back to..in his words" get inside info"

he's climbing back up the ladder already.

• chiddy
    chiddy

You can do it if you try hard enough and kiss their ass for long enough, any thing is possible in their shite world I did it but only for the sake of my sisters wedding , I simply lied through my ass , and they beleived me, not too hard although I was da'ed 1 year after in absentia.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I would think it would depend on the personalities of the body of elders your dealing with.Once you jump through the required hoops of repentence I doubt it would matter if it was apostacy or fornication.

• JH
    JH

I just wanted to know if apostasy was an "unforgivable" sin for the Watchtower.

So, basically, even Hitler could get re-instated, right?

• ex-perfectdaughter
    ex-perfectdaughter

I think it would be easier to get reinstated in another KH. I've noticed that if you want to be reinstated or receive privleges, if you move to a new cong. it is much easier. Even though the old KH would actually be the ones reinstating you it seems to be it would be easier if you were associated with a new KH.

• chiddy
    chiddy

Simply apostacy is the Rolls Royce of sin the ultimate the Armani, Prada, Gucci all rolled into 1 .Thats why I love the fact its on my file forever!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I don't think anyone could be an apostate and ever not harbor any lingering doubts. I would never have my parent's trust again, even if I did somehow manage to choke down all the anger and frustrations I feel toward the religion, even if I did pretend to be a brain-dead bobble-headed yes man, like thirdwitness.

I'd say humiliating would be very mild term.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit