Why do I feel so Guilty? Please offer me a kind word.

by xjwms 32 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

Its my mothers birthday.

She belongs to this senior dance club. Once a week about 85-100 get together with live music at a local dance hall and enjoy.

I am taking her out for lunch with family members and her friends. At the dance hall I ordered a cake and coffee bar serves 100.

Its a white cake with fresh strawberries and cream (her fav)

I just confirmed everything and its a go. If my active JW wife found out she'd flip, ... and jump all over me.

Last year I did the cake thing and all was well.....this year it got bigger.

Now I feel as guilty as all hell......but I know my mother will love it......she is not active for many years.

Take the guilt away..........

• moshe
    moshe

You won't regret doing something nice like this for your Mother. I don't know what to say about your wife. My ex-wife faded out about 10 years ago- no B-presents for her to this day. My son and daughter asked me when their Mom's birthday was, as they didn't have a clue..They keep trying.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

How old is your mom this year?

You only have one mom.

Not everyone is a jw and truly enjoys their birthday.

Mom will appreciate it!!!

Or, if desperate, remember, you're the man!

• daydream1900
    daydream1900

well its just a cakes with strawberry's on it!! i go to many none birthday and birthday parties there's always a cake on the go!!! don't feel guilty about this! the cake sounds wonderful I'm sure she will enjoy it!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The joy you are bringing your mom......is wonderful.

Being able to celebrate her life ...........is wonderful.

Sharing with her friends......................is wonderful.

Having a special day for her................is wonderful.

Feeling guilty about all this just stinks.

Take a deep breath and enjoy watching her be happy.

It's ok!!!

• xjwms
    xjwms

My mother will be 79.

She can still drive ..travel.... and dance, .. at all these kind of things.

so she is doing ok.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

You should never feel badly or guilty about showing your loved ones you love them and appreciate them, on the day they were born into this crazy world.

I'm happy for you that you have your mom to share special days with... don't take it for granted!!!

It doesn't sound like you plan to have candles or any blatant birthday celebratory things... I think you are being reasonable in a compromising sort of way.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    but I know my mother will love it

THAT'S the bottomline...end of story, over and out. Besides, tell your wife you're siding with the Society's beliefs during their first 50 years when they did celebrate birthdays (as if God really cares).

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

What a lovely thing to do - not only celebrating with family, but giving her the opportunity to celebrate with her friends as well

Nothing for you to feel guilty about - don't let your wife dump hers onto you! Get out there and make it a wonderful time for your mum

• bavman
    bavman

When a thought to do something nice for someone comes up (especially for your mother), DO IT. To Hell with the consequences. You won't regret it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit