JW literature on racks - outside Walmart? WTF?

by BizzyBee 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman

There is a mall near where we live that is almost deserted. Several stores have moved out and the spaces are empty.There is one name-brand store still there and to get to it you have to walk into the main entrance to the mail, down the wide corridor past empty storefronts and into this store's entryway. This store carries items we like to purchase so we go there once in a while.

There is always a table set up in the mall, staffed by a couple of pioneer dubs. Since this mall is located well away from our old cong it is run by a congo that was in another circuit and thus we don't recognize the dubs sitting there. I walked over once and asked them how business was. There were so happy that someone went out of the way to speak to them, they were almost giddy. They were "parked" in an empty doorway in front of metal bars that closed off an empty shop. It was at least 30 or 40 feet away from the front entrance to the store we were visiting. I asked them why they didn't move closer to the store entrance and they said the mall management allowed them to be there only under certain conditions. One was that they had to stay at their table, and this was the only place they were allowed to put a table. Also, there were not allowed to get up and walk around and solicit or approach customers. People had to come over to them to open up a conversation.

Since there were out of the way in a rather dark corner, almost no one ever came over. I asked them why they continued to do this, in view of the lack of response or interest, and they said they were doing the work commissioned by God and that even if they spoke to no one, they were giving a witness. I declined their offer of literature but spared them the little speech I had planned to give. I felt so sorry for them, wasting their lives this way.

• GermanXJW
  • greendawn
    greendawn

They probably think it is a more efficient way to talk to people than knocking on doors where so many occupants are absent. Whichever way the public has wised up to the trickeries of the cult and does not fall victim as much.

"When they say to you the end has approached, do not follow them."

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Old news.

I've already written the local Wal-Mart and asked that my Church of the Devil's Sphincter be permitted the same space as the other religions that congregate there.

I CC'ed corporate in AK and received the reply that NO church is permitted to do recruiting on Wal-Mart property. That letter went certified to the local Manager along with the notice that if I ever see any recruiting in front I will take fotos and sue for equal representation.

I got them booted from the local college as well after I caught them setting up a table w/o permission

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I doubt that would happen here. I remember trying to witness outside the local railway station some years ago, and one of the station staff came and told us to move along, and the same thing happened at the bus station. I don't know if we were in breach of a local by - law, or the officials at both places just didn't like us around, but we had to move anyway.

• undercover
    undercover

Several years ago, back when the WTS tried a heavy campaign of parking lot witnessing, the dubs tried canvassing the parking lots of a Wal-Mart where I live. They were run off, but not by Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart was just a tenant and did not own the parking lot. The owner(s) of the complex posted signs saying no literature handing out of any kind allowed and would run JWs off from time to time when they saw them wandering around the parking lots handing out literature.

I know...I was one of em that got run off...

• ttbeachbum
    ttbeachbum

Yipes

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Did it look something like this?

Thanks, Jourles, for that link. Yes, it was similar, but without the poster-board - just standing racks of JW literature and two bozos sitting at a card table wearing suits in 90 degree weather. As I recall now, the WT and Awake were not prominent - probably trying to downplay the connection with the door-to-door work since most people identify JWs by the mags. Sneaky!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I've already written the local Wal-Mart and asked that my Church of the Devil's Sphincter be permitted the same space as the other religions that congregate there.

I CC'ed corporate in AK and received the reply that NO church is permitted to do recruiting on Wal-Mart property. That letter went certified to the local Manager along with the notice that if I ever see any recruiting in front I will take fotos and sue for equal representation.

I got them booted from the local college as well after I caught them setting up a table w/o permission. Minister Amos

I'll keep this in mind if they start recruiting at any mall or Wal-Mart around here.

Equal representation is Equal after all.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

I ALLWAYS CATCH these local pioneers; sitting at a bench . in front of the local jewish temple. they hate me. so one saturday . one old jw that i knew from since the time she was telling me about 1975 at the book study. changed the subject from 1975. and what she told me. to the name jehovah. funny thing all the jew's were having service this beautiful saturday morning. so i just said do you speak hebrew? she said no. i said lets just stop in an ask the rabbi. . about the word jehovah. they all speak hebrew. surely they will know. well the 3 benches cleared out on less than 30 seconds. new olympic record. last week at the same bench. 2 of the same old ladies that told me 1975 was the end , were sitting there with a few other younger jw's wasting away a beautiful sunday. hiding their mag;s under the sunday newpaper. it didn't work. i came straight out and confronted them. one was eating a donut and coffee. she asked me to leave her alone . i said i want to go over the new crqaptower. she got pissed so , i started reading from the bible , she got more mad. so i told her , your vomiting from that rotten spritual food . that you can't defend in your latest craptower. she got up and walked away. the good part was i was working on the 21 year old sister. to open her mind. i'm sure she heard me... john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit