Crazy English Pub Names - Buy The Winner A Pint!!!

by lowden 15 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

It made me laugh when i saw the name of one of the prospective ApostaCurry pubs, the Swan and Graveyard was it ?

So i got to thinking about making up some Crazy Pub Names. You buy your own personal 'winner' a pint at the 'PostaCurry'.....or if yer not going send 'em a 'cyber pint'.

The Frog and Bike Spoke

The Strumpets' Trumpet

The 'Luxury' - (Monty Python Sketch) A Yorkshire pub chain where the food makes Joes Greasy Spoon look like it deserves a Michelin Star.

The Silly Bitch - A pub just outside the Greyhound/Dog Racetrack. You can't see the floor for torn betting slips and everyone makes half a pint of bitter last 2 hours.

The Lucky B*stard - That's the pub opposite the Silly Bitch.

The Dodgy Clog.

The Baked Bean - That's one for the students

The Hoarse Cockrel - Stuffed full of Allotment Holders.

The Pompous Arse - The pub the Foxhunters go to after the hunt. (Whoops is that political?)

The Loose Fitting Welly. Just sounds funny.

The Bottom of the Budgies Cage - The last pub everyone finishes the night at and ends up drinking just enough to make you feel like somebody's stuffed your mouth with sandpaper when you wake in the morning.

The Flat Cap and Whippet. A pub somewhere in Lancashire where even i would find difficulty understanding what was being said.

And....The Windy Lady - Where the older girls go to chuckle at one another. "Phyllis darling, you really MUST go and see a doctor"......

I'm sorry.......i've just had alot of thinking time today

I've been chuckling all day.......Is this my second childhood??

C'mon let's have some good ones from ya!

Peace

Lowden

• Dansk
    Dansk

The Vomit & Bucket

Ian

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    The Vomit & Bucket

lol Ian

I think I went there the first time I went out after leaving the org!

Actually, one of Trev's hobbies is going in historic pubs, and the strangest he's been in, in name and type of pub, was the Tuckers Grave Arms in Faulkland, Somerset.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

The Frog and Firkin

The Slug and Lettuce

The Two Pigs

oooppppssss, sorry those are all REAL ones (honestly)! You want MADE UP ones? Weeeeelllll let me see...

The Arse and Elbow

Still Together Then? (Cheeks of my Arse)

ohhhhh.... you want some MADE UP ones WITHOUT the word Arse in? Weeeellllll......

Im gonna have to think about that

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

The Bear at Bottom

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

The only one I can remember right now is Robbins Hood.

• lowden
    lowden
    The Arse and Elbow
    Still Together Then? (Cheeks of my Arse)
    The Bear at Bottom

You...erm....LIKE bums do you Kitten...eh??

OK, more fictitious Pub Names....

The Relieved Arse - (Damn, there's that word again!!!) The first pub jailbirds hit when they get out of the clink.

The Rubber Neck - Pub next to the worst accident blackspot in the country.

The Shifty Glance - Freqented by men in long raincoats and trilbys who talk to you in half whispers and only finish half their pint.

Peace

Lowden (Starting to doubt my sanity now)

• mouthy
    mouthy

The DEW DROP INN

• Odrade
    Odrade

Not made up, not a pub, but there's a shop in Lincoln City, Oregon called The Red Cock
    You can't make up stuff like that.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

The Badgers Arse - where the women are rough and the men are scared!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit