were there any FIASCOS IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

by badboy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• sspo
    sspo

no

• Gill
    Gill

Depends what you mean by fiasco.

But! There was the Elder who managed to be married and still carry on affairs, all at the same time, with two other JW women and even had one of them living with him and his wife! Despite people accusing him of having affairs with these women, he had the brass balls to deny it, and the women said nothing! Until pregnancys ensued!

• sandy
    sandy

There was an affair between an elder and a "depressed one"

The elder got a little too encouraging. Even at the KH he was always talking with her huddled in a corner somewhere.

Well it fianally all came out thank to Jah's holy spirit and the elder was forced to "step down." The elder and his family moved away, but, not too far.

The two families have to see each other at circuit assemblies to this day. That was back in the late 80's

• Mary
    Mary

Lets see.....there was an elder, Brother X, who was a self made millionaire who sold franchises of his business to many Dubs. However, he had some vague clause in the legal contract which he said meant that several brothers had to pay him far above and beyond what they were originally told they had to. Many brothers lost their shirts over this deal, but Brother X figured he was safe because you can't take a brother to court, right? This case involved so many brothers and so much money that it did, in fact, end up going to court. The courts decided that Brother X was a con artist and ordered him to pay back hundreds of thousands to those he had ripped off. As far as I heard, he never did. He actually was deleted as an elder (because it was so widely known), but he simply moved out west without paying anyone anything, waited a couple of years and got made an elder again. Bastard.

• badboy
    badboy

DIDN'T I HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CASE?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

He actually was deleted as an elder (because it was so widely known), but he simply moved out west without paying anyone anything, waited a couple of years and got made an elder again. Bastard.

Yeah Gumby! Shame on you!

• Mary
    Mary
    DIDN'T I HEARD SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CASE?

You might have......even though you're across The Pond, it was an open secret around here.......I'd love to name the creep, as everyone around here knew him......but I know I can't.............oh what the hell, sure I can: It was Gumby. There were many other cases like this in nearby congregations. One brother who was a Contractor, sub-contracted jobs out to other brothers, and then refused to pay them, saying that he himself had not been paid (which was a lie). Three brothers (including this guy's blood brother) lost their homes because of him. And his punishment? He was Privately Reproved and "lost his priviledges" for 6 months. Wow! Good call! I'll be that really taught him a lesson!!

• badboy
    badboy

IS IT AN ONGOING CASE ?

• Mary
    Mary
    IS IT AN ONGOING CASE ?

Nope. The books on this particular fiasco were closed about 4 or 5 years ago. After all, we wouldn't want to bring anymore reproach on Jehovah's Organization now would we?

(1 Corinthians 6:7) . . .Really, then, it means altogether a defeat for YOU that YOU are having lawsuits with one another. Why do YOU not rather let yourselves be wronged? Why do YOU not rather let yourselves be defrauded?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit