Post a picture of what you'd like Jesus to look like.

by JH 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol, man I wish .gifs had sound! :D

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Yes you see Jews with blue eyes, blond hair, etc, but how many people with those features live in the middle east back in the first century?

Do you think any of us know the answer to this? No one can know since we don't have portraits of them. When I was a child I assumed all Jewish people had dark hair and eyes and skin and ethnic noses, etc. I found out I was wrong as I met more Jewish people. Gene Wilder is Jewish and he's got blonde hair and blue eyes. Goldie Hawn is half Jewish.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie
    They can have very refined features and they can have more ethnic looking features.

Will somebody please explain to me the [apparent... to that poster] inherent(?) opposition between "refined features" and "ethnic looking features?"

-V (who really wants to know!)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Refined features. I don't have refined features. I don't really look ethnic either. Refined bone structure would be like Candice Bergen or Halle Barry or Salma Hayek. Ethnic features, so that it's very clear what race or ethnic group someone belongs to. Think Michael Jackson before all his surgery and his vitaligo. Or say Barbra Striesand or Topol. Think of Mexican people that look more Indian than Spanish. Think Fiddler on the Roof where the oldest daughter and younger of the three older daughters look very Jewish, yet the middle daughter doesn't look particularly anything.

Refined means more delicate and clean lines in the bone structure. All races have people who have more refined bone structure and people who have very unrefined bone structure and features. Then there are the rest of us who fall somewhere in between.

• Spectre
    Spectre

At a family reunion about a year ago, someone said, "who invited Jesus?" after not recognizing me with long hair.

• OpenFireGlass
  • OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

choice # 2

I got 2 more in mind too... as soon as I find good pictures....

• Highlander
    Highlander

I thought you were going to post one of yourself. You make a pretty good impression of Jesus.

• SirNose586
  • OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    I thought you were going to post one of yourself. You make a pretty good impression of Jesus.

...said... what you'd like jesus to look like... not what jesus would look like if he were you...

Besides I got that one in on this thread at about the same time...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/119868/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit