If you had one day to spend in London...

by Kaethra 28 Replies latest jw friends

• solo
    solo

get on an open top bus, you'll see most of the sights from there. the tate modern is always a giggle, london eye, a pub lunch and take in a show at the west end then go to china town afterwards

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

One day only, never been before - take The Original London Bus Tour. It will take you around the city to all the main sites. You can get off and on as many times as you wish. Cost is 18.00 GBP per person (about $35 US). Start early, there's lots to see!

Also, Westminster Cathedral. 3 hours minimum.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I wasn't impressed with the fish and chips in London. Too greasy.

I suggest the Guide Friday bus tour. You can get on and off the bus all day, wherever and whenever it stops.

We really loved the British Museum too. But we are history buffs. There is no museum like it that we have ever seen.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I must admit, as much as London is this place that everyone seems to want to go too. I would only fly in there with the purpose of driving to see Stonehenge and then I would be done with the UK.

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I must admit, as much as London is this place that everyone seems to want to go too. I would only fly in there with the purpose of driving to see Stonehenge and then I would be done with the UK.

Stonehenge is fantastic but if you are in that part of the world don’t forget to visit Avebury.

http://witcombe.sbc.edu/earthmysteries/EMAvebury.html

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I'm in London too.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Marilyn (((((()))))),

I wasn't impressed with the fish and chips in London. Too greasy.

That's because the best fish and chips are found in Manchester and further north! You gotta try Harry Ramsden's!!

Ian

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Thanks everybody. Stonehenge...yes...that's something I hadn't thought of. I'd be envious if he goes there since I'd love to see it myself! How far is it from London?? Please do give out your fish 'n' chips place names and directions! We are huge Hallowe'en fans and we throw a big bash every year. Are there any places in London that sell cool Hallowe'en stuff??

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

Kaethra, Stonehenge is too far from London if he only has one day. What sort of thing interests him? hobbies etc. There is so much to choose from.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

When I was in London, took a day trip to Cardiff Wales. What a great city; loved the Cardiff Castle and pubs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit