Crackdown on Marriages

by sammielee24 21 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The latest rumblings are that the WTBTS may start coming down hard on anyone who marries outside the faith. JW's who choose to marry a non believer will be df'd. I would imagine those marrying unbaptized ones will be marked or told to get the spouse baptized or get df'd. Included in this tidbit, was the understanding that they will start to go so far as to remove the ones who are already and remain married to UBM's by dfing them. Could this be part of the BIG announcement coming up? What better way to control all of them but to continue to make their world smaller and smaller. sammieswife.

• Gill
    Gill

Now that would be a very interesting NEW development.

In the last two years, four weddings have taken place, of JWs in our old KH to non JWs.

I always thought that strange that the GB hadn't stamped down on that 'problem' a long time ago. I believe it was once NOT allowed and then they softened their stance on it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

It's all about getting greater control over the membership. They don't care whether it makes the dubs happy, as long as they are obedient. I hope they introduce this, it's almost certain to cost them more members, and more money.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

How will they get around the scriptures where Jehovah allows the Isrealites to marry the foreign virgins after they destroy their families?

Blueblades

• Gill
    Gill

BB ! Duuuuh!!!!!! That was the OLD COVENANT!!!!!!! This is NEW LIGHT!! Don't ya know!

• FairMind
    FairMind

I don't believe that the DF..ing of people for marrying out side of the JW faith will happen. This same speculation is a recurring one. When I was baptized in the 1970's this same rumor was afloat. Most likely the idea of someone who is a JW marrying outside of the faith upsets some of the biggoted R&F and they are the source of this speculation.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

It 'came out' during a conversation my brother had with his friend whose wife is a pioneer. She said its being discussed with them in their studies. sammieswife.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I can see this happening, but not as a big announcement

If this was to happen.......they would have to be "closing the door" so to speak. Afterall, you would have to be with what is considered "bad association" to get to the point of marriage with an unbeliever. I also imagine there are problems with children from these marriages.........the unbeliever being the father and still keeping him as head of the household.

People are pretty much marked already when they marry an unbeliever.

I don't think they will DF existing marriages. I mean how can you win someone over without a word.

I find the scrutiny the society has about marriage among the ones that are baptised disheartening. How sad that the criteria for a marriage mate is emphasized on spirituality.

Is he/she a pioneer? Do they go to the meetings? Are they strong......go out in service. Nothing about truely loving someone........and loving without these conditions.

This comes from someone that even when DF would not marry outside of the religion. So here I am 46........divorced for 19 years and working out the messages the society has about marriage.

purps

I think about a bookstudy group held at a sisters house who's husband is not a witness.

• Undecided
    Undecided

It's always the same with God. He changes the rules to match the circumstances at the time.

BB ! Duuuuh!!!!!! That was the OLD COVENANT!!!!!!! This is NEW LIGHT!! Don't ya know!

Everything is different now that we are living in the time of the end. We have to straighten up and fly right. He had to appoint a special faithfull and discrete slave class to serve the food at the proper time so we could eat the new light and not get poisoned by the apostate thinking. Get baptised into the Organization to preach to the whole world the good news that 6 billion non-Jws will be eliminated soooooon and all but about 8,000 of humans left will live in a new world where we can pet the lions. Those 8,000 will go to heaven and rule with Christ for a thousand years, and then another killing will occur on earth and heaven.

We must get our thinking straight by letting the governing body tell us every thought we must have by attending all the mettings and studying the publications or we are dead meat for the birds, real soon now, really soon now because the generation of 1914 is about dead, whatever that generation is now.

We will have a song and prayer now and meet up for field service.

Ken P.

• sspo
    sspo

I don't think it's going to happen, they would have to df thousands. On the other hand you do get DF if you smoke or celebrate a birthday and there is no direct scriptural counsel on that in the bible but Paul did say to go ahead and marry BUT ONLY IN THE LORD, so you really never know if the GB could make some rules about that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit