What Is Your Life's Work?

by choosing life 18 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Grace - I wish I'd had something like a support group in my first ten years out of the bOrg. It is very important work to help ex-JWs find their way.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

I'm an artist... I enjoy making people smile with my creative endevors....

http://www.openfireglass.com/

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes Bizzy b. I wish there had been one when I was D/F I had to go two years until I went to Pennsylvania to Bill Cetnars group to find out I had been duped-( 9 hours away from me)I nearly killed my self when they ousted me.

OPF Lovely work I must say....

• moshe
    moshe

I guess I am trying to just live a good life and make amends for the past one I screwed up. My wife and I adopted a girl from Russia in 2003. She was 3 years old and her mother had died when she was 1 year old. This is my life's work now, giving her a life and opportunity for a career,home and family. She is the most generous and loving child a husband and wife could want. When she says, "I wuv you papa", that makes it all worth it. I'll have to keep working until I'm 70, no doubt

• mouthy
    mouthy

guess I am trying to just live a good life and make amends for the past one I screwed up. My wife and I adopted a girl from Russia in 2003. She was 3 years old and her mother had died when she was 1 year old. This is my life's work now, giving her a life and opportunity for a career,home and family. She is the most generous and loving child a husband and wife could want. When she says, "I wuv you papa", that makes it all worth it. I'll have to keep working until I'm 70, no doubt

MOSHE THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!!! I LOVE I!! THAT IS WHAT I WISHED I HAD DONE INSTEAD OF THE YRS I SPENT KNOCKING ON DOORS

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I think for some here their lifes work is to bag the Watchtower as much as they can on forums like this, ala Danny Hazzard, lol. Or they are just as hopelessly addicted to everything Watchtoweresque than they were when they were in the org. Either way they're still mental captives to the Watchtower.

Life's ironic init.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Either way they're still mental captives to the Watchtower.
    Your not???? I tell you the WT makes it seem like we are like Moses >>>>Basket cases.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Right now, I do volunteer work to help recovering alcholics and drug addicts. There is a lock down facility for young men who have substance abuse problems close to where I live. I sponsor two guys who have lived in there, helping them to stay clean and sober. I also go to a federal residential facility for prisoners who have just been paroled. I, along with a few others go in there and speak to them about getting clean and sober; and living that way. I have met some really interesting people. It's amazing how many "scary" or "intimidating" looking ex-convicts are actually quite the opposite on the inside. Many of them are people who are just scared and don't know how to function in life.

I have seen absolutely amazing transformations take place in people. I have seen some real "Saul-to-Paul" changes take place in people. To say the least, it has changed how I see the world and many of the people around me.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hope you sent your time in to Bethel Arthur....Your doing a great work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit