The Clergy vs. Jehovah's Witnesses?

by Outaservice 18 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

"His eye-catching trailer has plenty of unique features, as does his snappy two-tone car!"

For those of you who are wearing corrective lenses....and can't read the fine print.

It reminds me of the scripture...."Foxes have dens and birds have nests but the son of man has nowhere to lay his head."

Oh wait, no it doesn't.

Lisa

Snappy Class

• sspo
    sspo

Most ministers and clergy have compassion for JW's, they know they are good people trying to serve God but they have been deceived, but many hate The GB because of misleading millions thru their lies. Those that know their bible view the jw's as a cult.

At work many don't even know who JW's are and could care less, they just know about the door to door and they laugh about it. It's the GB that has influenced the rank and file to beleive that they are of importance.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    At work many don't even know who JW's are and could care less, they just know about the door to door and they laugh about it. It's the GB that has influenced the rank and file to beleive that they are of importance.

Exactly.

For THE "only people on earth" that are delivering that " URGENT lifesaving message"--- all that is known about them is that they knock on doors and wake others up on Saturday mornings!

It is INDEED the WTS writers themselves that keep planting this "importance" in the JWs heads so they'll continue trudging door to door to place the WTS literature and believe they are doing something useful.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

sunspot says: For THE "only people on earth" that are delivering that " URGENT lifesaving message"--- all that is known about them is that they knock on doors and wake others up on Saturday mornings!

That statement has been true for well over the 50 years of jw attitude i am aware of.

Those who are jws and believe they are part of an important work as the "only people on earth" delivering their "ugent" and "lifesaveing message" are delusional at best!

• Arthur
    Arthur

Yeah, it does amuse me how the WTS believes in this bizarre conspiracy theory of how all of the clergy are always plotting, planning, and conspiring against them. The clergy are always seeking to thwart the WTS' every move, in the great cosmic battle of good versus evil.

The WTS reminds me of these conspiracy nuts who always talk about the "black helicopters" that are flying around, and spying on them while they are bass fishing.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Oh yes, I'm reminded of how stinging the message was supposed to be for Christendom. It seemed like any way you observed the situation, it worked out in the JW's favor. If they were openly persecuting us, then it was evidence that God's truth was painful for them to hear! If they didn't care about the message, then they were hopelessly doomed.

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Oh yes, I'm reminded of how stinging the message was supposed to be for Christendom.

Does anybody remember the famous old cartoon in one of the old Watchtowers of the clergyman getting shot in the ass with arrows as he scampered away in pain? It's funny how the WTS doesn't do that stuff anymore. They look back on that kind of behavior with some mild embarrassment.

I guess they feel more dignified since they no longer print childish cartoons of priests getting shot in the buttocks, but now, they print vivid, colorful illustrations of other churhces and their congregants being obliterated by balls of fire at the Big A.

It's like 40 year-old man who still acts like he's 12.

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

ah ha! yes, the "black helicopters" syndrome. i was informed of this when in the state of oregon. oh my!

• parakeet
    parakeet

Some of the JW in-your-face preaching tactics in the early days were designed to provoke antagonism, however mild. That's the only way they could claim they were being persecuted and that god was on their side. "Persecution" they can handle. What they can't handle is being ignored.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit