Why Americans Hated

by Satanus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

SaintSatan:

Do you really expect that the United States would or should deal with other nations in a way that is NOT in it's best interest? This is not what I would call top of the line analysis on your part.

My answer of course is to quit giving foreign countries anymore of my hard earned tax money. Don't worry, the insanity will continue. And by the way, you still can hate us if you like.

• Satanus
    Satanus

drahcir

It is normal for govts, corporations and organisations to look out for their own interests. It is the nature of these groups to take on a life of their own and perpetuate it. This is well demonstrated by the wt. All the abuse and injustices from its policies demonstrate this. Government of any kind is almost always based on power based on deadly force. What country is not based on brute force? This is natural.

The US is the only superpower today on the earth. It is poised now at this moment to become a global empire. It could end up with unlimited power. You are suggesting there is no evil in the US govt? Do you really believe that? Since the civil war, evil has been growing in the govt. Small to begin with. I'm sure you know that power corrupts and absolut power corrupts absolutely.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

drahcir

I don't know if you are a christian or not. I believe W was trying to appeal to that sector of the population, and so he used a biblical term. Myself, i think evil isn't an absolute. Everyone has reasons for what they do. A person could do a really good deed one day just for the joy of it and kill somebody in cold blood the next for his own reasons. To a christian, he is evil. But let's say he becomes a born again christian while he is in jail. Was he good, evil and then good again?

S

• r51785
    r51785

I tend to agree that America has injected itself far too often in other countries affairs. This is part of the American mindset which has existed for a long time. Remember it was Woodrow Wilson who when asked why we invaded one of our Latin American neighbors replied that we needed to teach them to elect "good men" (ostensibly those whom we approved of). The American sense of specialness has contributed to among other things the creation of religions like the WT.
    The result of our attitude is a mixture of resentment and envy in much of the world. I reminded of something that the American humorist P. J. O'Rourke wrote back in the eighties: O'Rourke was interviewing a group of Arab men in Lebanon who went on at length about how much they hated the US. However at the end of the diatribe they all asked O'Rourke if he knew how they could get a green card!

• Satanus
    Satanus

r51785

Good point at the end there. But one must remember that through the medias people are given a romantic image of the USA. They are lead to believe that money is practically falling off trees. They often don't realize that to get the house, the hot car and all those other toys, they might have to work day and night. Everything has good and 'evil'. No question US is a great country to live in. I have traveled there, but i would rather continue living in canada. Some people would rather live in, say iran, for instance. The picture the media paints of iran is far from reality.

S

• Englishman
    Englishman

This is still the land of liberty and opportunity. No other country comes close.

Funny that, when I visited the States I came home with exactly the same thought about England.

I suppose its called patriotism!

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

drahcir, I do not hate this country, but I am not naive either. And I never said I condoned what happened on the 11th. I hate violence. All kinds. But, there IS a connection. For God's sakes, WE trained the damn guy!!! We built his base in Afghanistan, then bombed it!!

What happened this week is dispicable!! And I agree with you that our tax dollars should stay here. But if you are naive enough to think we aren't capable of evil, here are some links you should read. And make sure to click on the highlighted words too.

No, I'm not a "conspiracy theory" freak. I try to make sure what I read is documented and not the ravings of some idiot who just wants a web site. Feel like reading?

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/ARTICLE5/index.html

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/OK/wtcbomb.html

http://www.fbicoverup.com/

http://www.europa.com/~johnlf/

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/WACO/waco.html

http://www.webcom.com/~lpease/index2.htm

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/CRASH/BROWN/brown.html

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Satanus
    Satanus

drahcir

My point is to show why americans are hated. I'm not labelling Zbigniew Brzezinski as 'evil'. Check it out to understand why afganis might be disappointed with the US govt. The following is an excerpt from

http://members.aol.com/superogue/intro.htm

By the way, bin laden was trained by the cia during afganistans war with russia.

S

--------------------------------

Consider Zbigniew Brzezinski, national security advisor to Jimmy Carter. In a 1998 interview he admitted that the official story that the US gave military aid to the Afghanistan opposition only after the Soviet invasion in 1979 was a lie. The truth was, he said, that the US began aiding the Islamic fundamentalist Moujahedeen six months before the Russians made their move, even though he believed -- and told this to Carter -- that "this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention". Brzezinski was asked whether he regretted this decision.

Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter: We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.{7}

Besides the fact that there is no demonstrable connection between the Afghanistan war and the breakup of the Soviet empire, we are faced with the consequences of that war: the defeat of a government committed to bringing the extraordinarily backward nation into the 20th century; the breathtaking carnage; Moujahedeen torture that even US government officials called "indescribable horror"{8}; half the population either dead, disabled or refugees; the spawning of thousands of Islamic fundamentalist terrorists who have unleashed atrocities in numerous countries; and the unbelievable repression of women in Afghanistan, instituted by America's wartime allies.

And for playing a key role in causing all this, Zbigniew Brzezinski has no regrets. Regrets? The man is downright proud of it! The kindest thing one can say about such a person -- as about a sociopath -- is that he's amoral. At least in his public incarnation, which is all we're concerned with here.

7. Le Nouvel Observateur (France), January 15-21, 1998, p.76. There are at least two editions of this magazine; with the perhaps sole exception of the Library of Congress, the version sent to the United States is shorter than the French version, and the Brzezinski interview was not included in the shorter version.
    8. Washington Post, January 13, 1985, p.30

• Satanus
    Satanus

drahcir

I too, believe your tax money should stay in the US. If that had been policy from the beginning, you probably would only need to work 2 hours a day and still own your own house, car etc. Here is an clip about the biggest beneficiary of the US generosity, and the US doesn't even tell this country what to do. The US gives it billions every year, no strings attatched. Can you guess which country?

http://www.rense.com/general13/amasd.htm

S

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy SS,

Interesting topic - thanks for your view.

Quote: Besides the fact that there is no demonstrable connection between the Afghanistan war and the breakup of the Soviet empire, we are faced with the consequences of that war: the defeat of a government committed to bringing the extraordinarily backward nation into the 20th century; the breathtaking carnage; Moujahedeen torture that even US government officials called "indescribable horror"{8}; half the population either dead, disabled or refugees; the spawning of thousands of Islamic fundamentalist terrorists who have unleashed atrocities in numerous countries; and the unbelievable repression of women in Afghanistan, instituted by America's wartime allies.

(8)Washington Post, 1985

Things to think about.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit