What is the meaning of life?

by frankiespeakin 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I was reading about experiences of those who smoked 5MEO-DMT, Found in the venom of certain toads, I had got a hold of 1/2 of gram of the 99% pure stuff and smoke it about 20 or 30 times, it a very intense trip, that allows you to see thru many of the progams we got running around in our minds and concepts we've been brainwashed with from government and culture(that's about the best way I can discribe it). Any way this experience that I take a quote from is after he came down enought to be able to speak english(I often spoke in tongues when first becoming able to speak) I thought he gave a pretty good answer to the question:

I felt so clear-headed about everything that I asked my friends to just go ahead and ask me something, anything. One of them asked me 'What's the meaning of Life?'

I replied that the meaning of life was that for whatever reason, we've developed the capacity to decide what is meaningful. That there are all sorts of possible things we can decide the meaning is, and that it's entirely up to us. That we are, in a way, if not co-creators of the universe, that we are creators of ourselves, and how we choose to define beauty. The meaning of life is what we make of it, and the purpose of life is what we choose to do with it.
  • Arthur
    Arthur

I don't mean to be insulting or anything, but there are many first-semester philosophy students who could have made that observation without having to smoke anything. I think that most drugs and hallucinogens make people think that very simple observations are much more profound than they really are. I have seen many a pot smoker stare at something as simplistic as a tennis shoe and talk about how "far out, and amazing" it is.

I think that perhaps Nancy Reagan's advice to "just say no" contains much deeper insight.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The meaning of life is to attain awareness expansion and maturity, to defy the power of the instincts and create something spiritual which involves a lot of hard work. Using substances to achieve this doesn't really work because invariably the high is followed by a low. It's the easy way but ....

• Oroborus21
  • OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    Using substances to achieve this doesn't really work because invariably the high is followed by a low. It's the easy way but ....

that's life... I mean define substances... couldn't that be defined in todays society, as television, cinema, money, power, cellphones....

What I see in todays society, is that people have so many distractions/escapes, that they never allow them selves the opportunity to scratch around in the deepest parts of their brains... they take common place things for granted...

Yeah I gotta lot of friends that like to smoke cannabis and watch tv/movies... but myself, I'd rather smoke and lay out under the stars, or smoke and take pictures of things that I find beautiful, and them post the pictures here for everyones enjoyment....

I feel alot of people fear what is in their sub-conscience

But Anyway/PEACE, Mike

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

42, works for me too..

That was great Oroborus

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

Everyone deciding for themselves all those things is pretty dangerous. Haven't we just endured a week of news coverage regarding a pedophile/possible murderer (if not of JonBenet then maybe someone else -- the guy's a sicko)? Isn't that by itself enough to show that in real life people can't just decide for themselves what is right in all things?

I thought that kind of naivity went out with the flower children. It was a nice idea, but it just didn't work.

Susan

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

your right susan... I mean there are kids killing kids with wresteling moves they saw on WWF/television... that kid wasn't even on drugs...

So that's it... no one is allowed to decide for themselves, what is right for themselves...

Police State...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Hello Susan,

Everyone deciding for themselves all those things is pretty dangerous. Haven't we just endured a week of news coverage regarding a pedophile/possible murderer (if not of JonBenet then maybe someone else -- the guy's a sicko)? Isn't that by itself enough to show that in real life people can't just decide for themselves what is right in all things?

I can understand your fears, but ultimitely whether with or without goverment programing or cultural programing or religious programing "we" decide what the meaning off life is.

I thought that kind of naivity went out with the flower children. It was a nice idea, but it just didn't work.Susan

I think the flower children were on to something and Cannabis and LSD were in a large way responcible. We could all do well to "make love and not war" and the news film cclip of the flowerchild hippie puting a daisy in the rifle barrel of the armed guard is priceless.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

lot's of hyperlinks on this page about and by: "Dr." Timothy Leary "Ph.D."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit