Good News - it is basal cell cancer....

by AK - Jeff 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mary
    Mary

Jeff, I'm so relieved to hear that. The best thing of course is to catch it quick. It sounds like your prognosis is excellent.

My system metabolizes local anethetics quickly - so I got a few more needles in my face than most to get the area numb.

That was like me a couple of weeks ago....I had to get a freckle on my nose biopsied and they stuck a needle in there to freeze it. It hurt like hell because the bone is right there.

I was encouraged to wear a 30 SPF sunscreen from now on - I asked if higher would be better and the doc said that above 30 it is just overkill and does little more to protect the skin anyway. I have never worn SS in my life - though light complected in the winter - I never had problem burning so just never did so. I will now however.

I wear a 45 SPF. My one girlfriend was diagnosed with skin cancer a couple of years ago and her doctor told her to wear a 60 SPF!! 30 should be fine though......just make sure you put it on all your exposed areas including your ears (as they can easily burn), the back of your neck, etc.

Best wishes,

Mary

• restrangled
    restrangled

Here is something fun.

I live in florida and avoid the mid day sun if at all possible.....When I was 20 years old I was burned so bad in Barbadoes My face swelled up double it size.

Where it swelled I see damage.

Stay out of the sun, and your skin will look great. I have had my skin looked at and there are no wrinkels..I am a 47 year old smoker.

I hope to quit soon, but the sun is your worst enemy.-

r.

• bebu
    bebu

Whoa, didn't read about your situation until just now. I'm happy it's "just" basal cell cancer, as opposed to melanoma.

Take care of yourself, Jeff, and slather on that sunscreen from here on out.

bebu

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hot Dayumed that IS great news! ((((( AKJEFF))))) ... see, the Vigils work ;)

• serendipity
    serendipity

Good news Jeff!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Well, there's a prayer answered. Good news, Jeff!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Yeah, the lesser of the evils is GOOD. I'm glad to hear this is a manageable thing for you. Take care! Shelly

• Balsam
    Balsam

That is very good news Jeff, know your so relieved.

Balsam

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Jeff, sounds like the procedure wasn't pleasant. You deserve a big hug! ((((()))))!!!! I'm proud of you for not letting it go or shrug it off. I hope that your wife babie's you today! Give her a big hug for me to! I know that she must be relieved.

Whoo! Stress!

Whoooo saaaahhhh!

• Sheri
    Sheri

So glad to hear to good news, that is just what I had.

Wasn't it a relief to get the confirmation you will be okay!

Peace & Love,

Sheri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit