Binoculars at the District Assemblys

by restrangled 22 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Anyone remember spending most of their time staring out of binoculars for good looking people out of the binoculars for prospects and then spending your free time in that section hunting these people down?

This past time as I remember was the most wonderful part of the assemblies!

Tell your story!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i'd use it to watch my big brother and his pals up in the top bleachers..so i could tattle on them LOL

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I used binoculars - for drama also to see if I could see release on the podium and I did scan for friends also. Now and again I might spot an attractive female

• twinflame
    twinflame

I could never get them away from my kids, who fought over them constantly.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

We (the kids) loved them. My father had his big pair and then we had something that looked like this:

It helped past the time.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings restrangled,

I never went to a convention without them. I used to drive my wife nuts. You just reminded me of that.

Dismembered

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Now that i think about it, I wonder why they were never banned?

We weren't suppose to chew gum, eat candy, bring toys for our children, or even speak during the sessions.

But binoculars where OK?

I guess we should thank Dog for small favors, they certainly helped pass the time

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I used to try and find two people dressed the same.

Or I would arrange for a friend to sit directly across the convention center, and then we would just look at each other and make covert hand signals.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

I used to try and find two people dressed the same.

Or I would arrange for a friend to sit directly across the convention center, and then we would just look at each other and make covert hand signals

Gawd, that is so sad, what a fine example of just how boring those assemblies were!

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

My husband never took binoculars to the assembly until our youngest son got to the age of 11. He hated the truth, and never became a Witness, but didn't mind the assemblies so much when we allowed him to sit with his friends. I always thought my husband took the binoculars so he could keep an eye on him, not the platform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit