Binoculars at the District Assemblys

by restrangled 22 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar

restrangled

Anyone remember spending most of their time staring out of binoculars for good looking people out of the binoculars ;for prospects and then spending your free time in that section hunting these people down?

Holy $hi1! I always did that. I didn't know any of the sisters were doing it too!

• mama1119
    mama1119

I remember you would have to keep them pointed in the general direction of the stage so as not to be so obvious you were staring at people. It did help the time pass.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, anything to pass the time ...

... oh, and to try and spot chicks

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I was the bro that the sisters watched

• freedom96
    freedom96

Yes, I too remember my dad bringing the binoculars to the assembly. And yes, general direction of the stage was helpful. But I did enjoy watching people through them. Helped pass a few moments by.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hey daystar:!!!!

Was I watching you? How fun would it be to find out any of us were at the end of some ones elses's binoculars!

The assemblys were, Chicago, AND Minneapolis

WERE YOU THERE?-

R.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The best was to be in the bleachers with binoculars and perchance get a glimpse of some cleavage in the rows below you... ah those were the days....

• restrangled
    restrangled

THIS MY FRIENDS, was the most fun any jw's had. I remember many fun, handsome boys. its how we survivied this religion.

Thanks to all you handsome fun fellas!!!

r.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Oh this is hilarious! YES, we all did this. The funniest thing to me was when you would see people blatantly not paying attention to the speaker because they were turned practically around in their chairs scanning the room through them.

Were you ever looking through your binoculars and then all of a sudden make eye contact with someone else also looking through their binoculars. It's so funny.

Haha, thanks for the memory, restrangled, although you are right that it shows how bored we all really were.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Good girl Bad Girl....

OH god, yes I remember catching somthing in those binoc's you didin't want to see. Like your parents frowning, as they watched you across the the way, after trusting that you would behave yourself away from them.

One more thing my cousin and I use to do is use them backwards at each other making faces. It is the funniest thing you have ever seen backwards through those glasses. We could barely contain ourselves, if we couldn't find some hot guys.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit