October Announcement Tid Bit

by Juniper 30 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No one can be DF'd for talking about stuff unless its apostacy

No but they can be thrown out of Bethel for talking about stuff - like in the printing department for discussing New Releases before they are released at a DC - That is almost as bad

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Welcome Juniper.

• undercover
    undercover

Welcome Juniper...you lurker you...

I know an MS who was talking to a bro from bethel who said that there was big stuff coming and big changes. The MS told me that he knew what the secret was, but that everyone who knows has been told that they could be df'd for talking about it beforehand.

Rumor mongering run amok. My take on this which is also rumor mongering...the MS knows there's some kind of announcement, he might even know what it is...but to impress you, he blew it out of proportion...just to sound important.

My conspiracy theory on this (speaking of rumor mongering) is that they...somebody high up...is trying to leak some kind of info so as to trap whoever's leaking inside information. And it may be so obvious that those on the inside know that it's a setup and are biding their time or just plain not falling for it. Makes for a good Movie of the Week scenerio, anyway.

• gumby
    gumby
    Congratulations on finding your way out and welcome! This big announcement stuff is driving me crazy. I keep wanting to tell my husband something is coming just to shock him when he finally hears it.

LMAO !....don't do it! I did that once and nuthin ever happened. Gumby

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    No but they can be thrown out of Bethel for talking about stuff

Hm, never heard of anyone being thrown out of Bethel for talking about "stuff," although I'm sure they would if it came to that. I knew a guy in Personnel who got reassigned after divulging some rather interesting info he got from someone's files. They say if you are in Personnel department you get one shot at discretion - you talk once and youre out of the department. Don't know about other dept's. as much but I suspect they arn't as strict as Personnel.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I keep wanting to tell my husband something is coming just to shock him when he finally hears it.
    LMAO !....don't do it! I did that once and nuthin ever happened.

Gumby, you Gumbastardo you. Do you really have a husband? Or are you in drag-mation?

Jeff

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Welcome juni... no we already got a juni! Ok can I call you jupiter? Glad you're here

• badboy
    badboy

KEEP US INFORMED OF WHAT IT MIGHT BE!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hello and welcome

Great....maybe your news is a NEW truth..........as they say.

Reminds me of a CO always used that term......New Truth. Does that make any sense to you?

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Welcome to the board! We will just have to wait and see.

As we all know from the past - many times what is "BIG NEWS" for those in Jdub land is "NOTHING" at all to anyone outside of it. And the WT always "plays up" the importance of changes as a smokescreen to cover the real reason behind the changes. Usually MONEY. So, we will have to see.

But, glad to have you here, either way. Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit