Hitler or Fred Franz?

by sspo 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lowden
    lowden
    If I listen to a moron and do what he says, thats my fault not his.

Is that strictly true IP SEC?

I see where you're coming from but the young, inexperienced and genuinely 'hudwinked' can't really be attributed as much fault as you might be suggesting.

Unfortunately some total shitheads are very good at taking a ride on other people's backs.

The older we get, the more wily and cynical we become.

Only with knowledge can we have the equipment to deal with morons and imposters.

If we have the knowledge and still fall prey, then we can attribute full fault to ourselves.

Just a thought.

Peace

Lowden

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hitler killed millions in a 12 - year period, but apart from being voted into power in 1933, no one had a choice about having him as leader.

Fred Franz's policies have had a longer - lasting effect, but the majority of his followers did have a choice.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I categorically revile the comparison of Frederick W Franz to Adolph Hitler. Get a grip.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Oh! And IP_SEC, are you trying to say that on the day of a person's 18th birthday, if they're still a Witnesses after being raised in the truth, it's their own damn fault?
    Were you raised in the truth? If so, do you look back at your 18 year old self and think how stupid you were to have stuck around?
    BTW: I hate that term "raised in the truth" with it's implication that JWism is the truth. Nevertheless, it's the term.

• done4good
    done4good

It's really unfair to compare the two. Franz is not innocent by any means, but...

He also did not START jw-ism. That was Russell, and he was a nutjob. And it was Rutherford who chose to employ people like Franz.

j

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I categorically revile the comparison of Frederick W Franz to Adolph Hitler. Get a grip.
    spot on.What a stupid comparison!Hitler was directly and indirectly responsible for 50million deaths in just 12 Years on and off the Battlefield...not to mention the Cold war which followed and all its countless conflicts and Nuclear paranoia.Franz was nuts but ,come on,as the Man said,get a grip!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    person's 18th birthday, if they're still a Witnesses after being raised in the truth, it's their own damn fault?

No, what Im saying is that a minor living with their parents has no choice... other than run away which isnt really legal so not really a choice.

Yes I was stupid for going along with it til I was 32!

• lowden
    lowden

IP SEC

It's wrong to call yourself stupid in this instance.

You had been 'conditioned'. For a while you had no choice because your brain and mind had been nurtured and prepared in a certain way.

Fortunately, sense sometimes wins out as with you but not with some, like those we knew that are still tragically trapped.

Peace

Lowden

• sspo
    sspo

You guys are right, it was a stupid comparison but Hitler is gone, the damage is over but as more and more JW's get on the internet and find out about the"truth" and DA and DF we will continue to see broken families.

How many lives are affected every time someone is DF or DA and is rejected by hundreds of people and suffer the consequences of 1cor 5:10,11.

I do agree, it was a bad posting

Sorry

• Rooster
    Rooster

Fred Franz or Hitler? Is that question? Flip a coin for the answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit