..If there was a Flood....

by OUTLAW 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..Where did all the Water go?...OUTLAW

• Spectre
    Spectre

The excess water froze and became the ice caps! I think thats the line I heard.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Maybe we drank it!

Sounds just as logical as the entire story to me!

• Warlock
    Warlock

Impossible to answer your question.

Warlock

• badboy
    badboy

SO WHERE DID IT EVAPORATED TO?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Mars of course!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I heard, and believed, that it became the polar ice caps as well. But I believed the whole bible then, including the flood story.

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Down a plug hole.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The WT line is that IF you flattened out the earth's crust the existing ocenans would cover the earth. Therefore the land MUST have been flat before the flood. This of course displays complete ignorance of geology to even suggest that the crustal variations actually former through bilions of years of plate tectonics and volcanism resulted from a few feet of water in about a year. If ALL the polar ice melted its estimated the sea level would rise about 7-10ft. Really its a complicated guess because most all the ice in the nortern cap is floating and therefore already displacing the sea an equal volume it would as water. The Southpole of course has a larger land mass below it supporting the ice and therefore the majority of anticipated sea level rise would result from the melting of this pole's ice mass. Coastal areas would flood but the real concern about global warming and the melting ice caps is the climate changes it will induce.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I was thinking about that the other day...

So....they DO think that the flood water became the ice-caps. So before that, there wasn't any of those caps, is that right? Everywhere was the same temperature if I remember what I've been thaught.

I was very surpised the other day when I was going through my little brother's Bible Stories book, (looking for that *amazing* story of God stopping the sun for a day.lol) and I noticed the flood picture that traumatized me as a kid...and there were two Mammoths there! Standing on a big rock right next to people and big lizards and felines. Now, I asked my brother why they drew mammoths there? And where were those things living, according to them? If there was no polar-zone, why would they need all that fur and fat?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit