Do you believe the Ark of the Covenant still exists (or ever existed)?

by gaiagirl 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The ark was a sacred chest patterned much after Egyptian arks, and I sometimes wonder if the ark claimed to be in Ethiopia is an Egyptian ark salvaged from a temple in Egypt itself and not the Judean ark....the proximity of Ethiopia to Egypt itself suggests this possibility, tho the artistic motifs on the Judean ark as described in the Pentateuch is more characteristic of Mesopotamian than Egyptian art. I don't know of any solid evidence that such arks served as capacitors, and this speculation may have less to do with a physical danger posed by touching the ark than the religious belief of the ark as the seat of the presence of Yahweh in the midst of the people.

As for the fate of the ark and the legends about its hiding, see the following interesting thread on this subject and how the buried treasure of the Copper Scroll may bear some relation to these stories:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/95988/1.ashx

• Terry
    Terry

Anybody ever read Isaac Asimov's monograph POMPEY AND CIRCUMSTANCE?

T.

• abbagail
    abbagail

(a) Yeah, sure, I believe it existed.

After Jesus' resurrection, the two angels in the tomb - one sat at the head and the other at the feet of where Jesus had been laid/layed/lain (sp?) That scenario "pictured" the Ark of the Covenant.

John chapter 20:
    11 But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping: and as she wept, she stooped down, [and looked] into the sepulchre, 12 And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain.

(b) Does it still exist? I don't have a clue, but the Judeo-Masonic plan (anything to fool the orthodox Jews) is to FIND IT ANYWAY -- at just the right opportune time for the most dramatic effect -- (even if it's a FAKE one).

-----------------

Below I put a severely abbreviated version of a much longer article:

DEATH OF THE PHOENIX
    FINAL ACT FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    ACT II. THE ARK & THE GRAIL
    http://watch.pair.com/ark-grail.html

* First the Ark went to Egypt (II Chron. 12:1,2,9);
    * Then to St. Catherine's Monastery at Mt. Sanai in Egypt;
    * Then the Knights Templars went and got it from St. Catherine's (on behalf of the Prieure' de Sion);
    * When the Knights went underground they fled to Scotland; the Prieure stayed in France;
    * The Templars took the Ark to Scotland with them and were given asylum by Merovingian Robert the Bruce;
    * 90 years later fellow Merovingian Sinclair set out to find a "New World/New Jerusalem" and, per the Masons, brought the Ark to Nova Scotia/New Scotland, which the French called Acadie/Arcadia/Acadia;
    * A struggle between the British/French ensued for the North American Continent; the local Acadians were exiled to the American colonies, some finding their way to...
    * Louisiana to settle in with the French already there... Cajuns - Cadien - Acadians (Gov. Kathleen Blanco is a descendent);
    * Two theories: The Ark is in Salt Lake City possibly in the same place as Joseph Smith's "Golden Tablets" (his closest colleagues were Jewish Kabbalists);
    * Or that the Acadians brought it to Louisiana.

[...]
    The implication in much of the Merovingian literature is that the “Templar Treasure” and the “Holy Grail” are, in fact, the Ark of the Covenant. One interesting explication of the word “Grail” is “L’Arc” spelled backwards:

“The Holy Grail is the Ark of the Covenant. GRAL the other way round - a way in which Templars use to encode secret things (it seems) - reads LARG and could be connected with L’ARC and so with the Ark of the Covenant. This also connects the Templars, searching for the Ark of the Covenant, with the legend of the Holy Grail, or actually, the Holy CRA’L.” [The Daily Grail]

This version of the Grail is further developed in Act VII: Atlantis Rising where a spurious Ark of the Covenant pre-dating the Flood will be found to contain the Emerald Tablets of Hermes, called the Gorral, and this myth eventuated in giving the bogus Ark the name of “Grail.” This farce, of course, shows the true colors of the Knights Templar (who are only exploiting the Biblical Ark of the Covenant and its contents, the Ten Commandments) and reveals where the superstitious “Search for the Lost Ark of the Covenant” will take the apostate Church.
    [...]
    If interested, anyone can read that entire "Act II" here: http://watch.pair.com/ark-grail.html
    Or, the Full series begins here: http://watch.pair.com/death-phoenix.html

---------------

DEATH OF THE PHOENIX
    FINAL ACT FOR THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    ACT V. EXODUS / ALIYA
    SCENE I. The United States
    http://watch.pair.com/exodus-aliya.html

Enter False Revivalists/Zionist agents, Rick Ridings and Rick Joyner

It does appear that the Ark of the Covenant may soon be “discovered” and, when that happens, its location will vindicate the Knights Templar as the Jews of the Diaspora who have faithfully guarded the “treasures” of the ancient Temple of Solomon. Possibly the Jewish warrior monks hid them somewhere in the United States, their New Jerusalem, until the time was right to transfer this phony cache to their ancient homeland in Israel.

We can only imagine what discovery of the ancient Ark of the Covenant will mean to the Jewish Diaspora. One Jewish rabbi opined, “…the effect of any attempt to relocate the Ark may well be the third world war.” (Exodus 2006) Others say it will be no less than a Jewish revival and another “exodus” from all the nations that have hosted the Diaspora, but this time on a global scale. 80% of world Jewry, estimated at 13,000,000, resides in the United States and Israel, which enhances the probability that the Ark of the Covenant preceded the Jews to the U.S. and will also lead the exodus of some 5 million Jews back to Israel. However, Ark claimant, Vendyl Jones says the Ark is already in Israel which, if it is true, then the “discovery” of the Ark will also likely commence a global “Aliya” (immigration to Israel) of the dispersed Jews.

Full article here: http://watch.pair.com/exodus-aliya.html
    Full series begins here: http://watch.pair.com/death-phoenix.html
    ---------------

Either way, a lot of "action" is obviously expected in the future!

As far as the Ark being a conductor of electricity, I heard that discussed and explained by Perry Stone (MannaFest TV show) and a friend of his -- a year or two ago -- who had visited Israel and had spoken to some little old Jewish lady who had said it was their oral tradition that explained all that electrical biz having to do with the Ark (which I cannot possibly remember the explanation or the details now, but it was fascinating at the time. It even made sense. The two men were EC-STATIC - LOL).

/AG

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I remember watching that Indiana Jones and telling my kids (as they opened the ark and were unceremoniously FRIED) "See? SEE what happens to you when you dont listen to JEHOVAH? Just like Mom...when he says DONT TOUCH ...you DONT TOUCH!"

damn...I terrified my kids LOLOL!

• Freud
    Freud

Hi serendipity, and thanks for the welcome :)

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO --- The ark a capacitor . Like the flux capacitor of back to the future? No doubt it was very conductive so that if lightning was anywhere by it could fry some body that was grounded , thus likely why the wood poles were used to carry it . Interesting thought on it being compared to jesus laying between two angels he was the mana from heaven much like what was placed in the ark and also the ten commandments . Maybe there is some signifigance but we need be careful not to create dogma like the WTBTS over stuff that's not scriptural , none of the apostles made those observations. Jeeze I love when people come up with those type opinions tho .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit