End of August, no more bethel elders

by thecarpenter 14 Replies latest jw friends

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

It was posted here a few months ago that bethel was getting rid of the bethel elder arrangement. I was wondering if this happened already? or is it tomorrow?

• skyking
    skyking

That would be very interesting. Lets hope it is true.

• Mary
    Mary
    It was posted here a few months ago that bethel was getting rid of the bethel elder arrangement.

Sooo, they're going to get rid of the Bethel elder arrangement, but they've got captains at each table during meal time to make sure everyone follows the eating rules........makes perfect sense.

• sspo
    sspo

What was the purpose of them anyway? Was it to glorify them a little and make them feel important?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They have EATING RULES?????? OMG, tell me you are kidding.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    What was the purpose of them anyway? Was it to glorify them a little and make them feel important?

Yep, pretty much.

• VM44
    VM44

Yes, what was the purpose of Bethel elders? Was it simply a title used when they gave talks at local Kingdom Halls?

What advantage does it bring to The Watchtower in doing away with the title "Bethel Elder"? I don't see how it costs them anything whether some men are called "Bethel Elders" or not.

--VM44

• Genesis
    Genesis

What was that arrengement ?

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Before we get carried away, does anybody have real proof they got rid of the Bethel Elder arrangement? I'd just like to know before we start assuming it is true.

And apparently yes, the table leaders are real. They are responsible for making sure all members are there for breakfast. They don't want anybody missing the daily text.

• VM44
    VM44

Table leaders are the reason the Bethel dinning room tables are not circular or square shaped. If the tables were shaped other than as rectangles then there would be no "special" place for the head to sit.

Why does Bethel have to turn everything into an authoritarian headship arrangement? They are obsessed with imposing an authority structure on every arrangement they can to the point of it being a sign of mental illness.

Of course, one could ask, what else does the Society have to offer other than an authoritarian hierarchy?

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit