Materialised demons... why not?

by LtCmd.Lore 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Arthur
    Arthur
    Why couldn't they just as easily made themselves women to have sex with? Smacks of a manmade fable to me.

That's because it is based on ancient mythology. Notice how the account never mentions the angels materializing into women to be able to have sex with men. The WTS has stated that angels are devoid of gender. Why would wicked spirit beings devoid of gender only want to have sex with women? And furthermore, why would a powerful spirit being have sexual cravings, which are something that are purely biological in nature?

Tim Callahan in his book: "Secret Origins of the Bible" writes extensively on this subject. According to Callahan, the evidence shows that these accounts were originally written to be allegorical to depict the human sons of Israel (sons of God) having sexual cravings for the pagan; and much inferior women of the surrounding nations. And so, they forsook their cherished postions and pursued that which was unatural. This Old Testament account has parallels in other Middle Eastern mythologies that predate the book of Genesis.

• heathen
    heathen

What's even stranger is they state in the live forever book that the angels during noahs time did not have time to dematerialize and beam back to heaven so they left their physical bodies behind . Now come on that's not scriptural just like them showing people banging on the ark door during the deluge . Not there . The angels were not created to lust after flesh so did commit the unforgivable sin by taking wives , they however could take human form and was always a masculine figure in the bible . They also have this belief that the demons still crave sex but can only act it out thru a host so it exspains to a j-dub why people are sex maniacs and disobey the rule of only while married . Yes they say alot of things not in the bible for a religion that says it does not go beyond what is written .

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

I guess there's something even creepier about evil entities that are strictly invisible and non-material. They can always be there in the room with you, waiting, watching, jeering inaudibly at you and plotting to do horrendous things as soon as you switch off the light.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    " the angels during noahs time did not have time to dematerialize and beam back to heaven so they left their physical bodies behind . " -heathen

Now that is puzzling indeed, heathen. I wonder what brought that on? I can remember reading this, but I've never before pondered why this line of reasoning was used. Any ideas??

INQ

• restrangled
    restrangled

Heres my take and/or 2 cents on this subject.

MAN was created in God's image, so supposedly any other life form including angels were created the same. There was a scripture that stated the angels were just a little higher than man.

Women were created as a compliment to men. So naturally they would be appealing to any Male type creation. The fallen angels found the women very appealing, as do men today, (look at the post "Women can't win) ......

The only difference was the physical versus the spirit form so they had to transform themselves into the physical form to attract these women.

Just like any hybrids today in the animal world, none can reproduce...which is what happened before the flood.

Someone asked about homosexual tendicies which is what happened with Lot. They found the men gorgeous too.

r.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I never thought about the reason for this teaching before (demons can't materialize). One thing is certain--its purpose is not to allay fears about demons! Does anyone remember all those stories about non-materialized demons raping women? I remember the stories of people being raped by spirit creatures. I guess there would be no reason to materialize if you can do all the same things in spirit form, or just possess a human body instead.

---> --->

A group that aspires to be the only true religion in this world must pretend to possess many answers, even if the answers are forced or outright lies.
    Great quote!! I'm going to remember that one.
  • under_believer
    under_believer

restrangled, that's not Biblical, that's like something the Society would come up with.
    It says "In God's image he created them, male and female he created them." The phrase "man is created in God's image" is based on that passage. It refers, not to males, but to to mankind, because it says that both males and females were created in God's image.
    And what is a "Male type creation?" Come on, you just made that up.
    And why would their offspring be hybrids? Why would they be any different than normal humans? I thought the angels changed themselves into men; did they have super sperm or something?

• heathen
    heathen

Yah that's another WTBTS teaching on the nephilim being hybrid and not able to reproduce , no scriptural support for that either .The fossil record does show several hominid species that have died out , neanderthal and cro magnum , there's people that do claim to have found a giant species that was apparently buried with modern man even . I did some research on the web on that one LOL

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Neanderthals were physically different, slightly larger brains on average, much stronger bones, sloping forehead, brow ridges. Cro-magnons were physically identical to moderns. Either would pass without a glance if dressed in modern clothing. And we all carry the genes for the older traits, even if they are recessive. I once knew a young man who had the sloping forehead and brow ridge, still was kind of handsome, even if unusual, his hair largely hid the shape of his head. There are also fossils of an ape which reached heights of 9 or 10 feet (from China, I think)?

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ok, bybrids exist in the animal world. When exotic/non related species mate the offspring cannot reporduce.

This is a known fact. I am not trying to support the society but, logically, angels are an exotic species to the human race. Their offspring were the Nephilim. (spelling) Oversized monsters of the Nephilim most likely could not reproduce.

R.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit