Can the women wear pants YET?

by annalice 32 Replies latest jw friends

• annalice
    annalice

I have not been an active witness active for several years now. So are the women still being forced to wear skirts and dresses still?

I really think that the whole dress thing has been for some time now very outdated. Womens pant suits are very dressy looking and if a woman came to my door wearing one I would see her as a very professionally dressed woman. I mean PLEASE do they still really think they look professional wearing their K-mart Jacklyn Smith collection rayon blouses with those ugly no shape skirts? Or how about the ones who wear the jumper dresses? Oh thats real professional looking. What about the classy way they look in the middle of winter in those horrible long skirts and big old nasty boots just trying to keep themselves warm while and nice freezing cold wind blows rigth up your skirt. So has there been any talk of changing that policy? Or are the brothers still wearing the pants? And I'm sorry to say but have any of you ever seen how short some of the sisters wear their skirts! including the Elders wives and their daughters. And they say nice pair of pants is not for a woman to wear? OH PLEASE!

• JH
    JH

You're not allowed to see the shape of a sister, so they hide her underneith baggy clothes.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Didn't ya know? Dresses allow for easy access.

Josie ~ of the "panties to bed means no nookie" class

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I heard the governing body is considering a new dress code for women that will do away with traditional dresses and skirts.

W

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I think how they "allow" women to dress is one of the least of their problems.

Sherry

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings annalice,

Wow! That would be weird seeing dubby woman in pants. I haven't seen that since the polyester pantsuit days of the 1970's. Some women in pants/slacks would scare the spots off a leopard.

Dismembered

• nsrn
    nsrn

My mom wears pants and a blouse, but she's 86 and can't get pantyhose on any more. She kind of apologizes about it but says no one has criticized her. She is the old sweet grandma there, I think.

• Moomin
    Moomin

Hi, Yes the women are still wearing skirts. At my old cong they would complain an awful lot saying they would do more fs if allowed to wear trousers.

Last winter I wore the long heavy skirts with the welly style boots and I felt like a right scruffy mess. It was really hard to be confident.

• undercover
    undercover

Sisters can wear pants whenever they want to...as long as its not to meetings, conventions/assemblies and in field service.

When I was talking to an elder about the dress code and grooming "laws" and mentioned that these are "traditions of men" instead of Bible principles he made a point of telling me how many large corporations have dress and grooming policies because the employee represents the company/corporation and these companies didn't want poor representation.

I argued that that was all well and good...for those companies. But we're not talking about a corporation, we're talking about being one of Jehovah's servants and being allowed to use our conscience and Christian freedom. What I failed to realize was that we were talking about a corporation...the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. We were their employees and they expected us to follow company policy....

• JH
    JH

Here is a sister in tight pants.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit