I've been invited to the convention

by 2112 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Swamboozled
    Swamboozled

If you go...it may give them reason to start bugging you. Friendly annoying visits from Smellders may start. I personally wish they would forget I exist. Just a thought!

• earthtone
    earthtone

Alternatively, you can use the opportunity to point out to her all of the things wrong with what they're saying there.

Yeah this is true. Especially on Sunday when they give those damn resolutions. They sound so wacky and controlling. Point out to her how they keep harping on internet usage. It's because they don't want people to see all these apostate sites and become apostates themselves (word it alittle better though). I'm not sure when but they give a talk at the convention about Jah not forgeting the elderly. That's a great time to point how many elderly one's don't have money in their retirement accounts because they thought the world would end by now. And look! They are still here. There are so many good times to point out how asinine the WTS really is. Have fun laughing at them if u go. Because the whole thing is pure comic relief.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hey, I go on occassion, no biggie. I've made my position abundantly clear. I dress the part, but I bring along lots of distracting materials so that I don't go bug-eyed nutty, raid the snack bag, and nap.

But then, I've never been a member. The trigger words don't give me nausea.

If you want a preview, here you go:

http://www.evanjhoush.com/wtb&ts/2006/deliverance.at.hand.district.convention/

I love google. But don't depend on this site being up forever. If the WTBTS catches him, it's down!

• mouthy
    mouthy

If you go I promise she will give you a "GOOD NIGHT" later

Thanks much for all the replies. I will still like to hear more if anyone has any. I have still not decided if I will go or not, as i could use a good day doing nothing at all! I will say that many people, even elders in her cong. are very nice and are friendly to me. There are a few butts however they know I won't put up with their nonsince. Over all they are cool though. As most of us know they are just misled. But if I do go and people start the old I'm better than you routine I will walk out after i tell them off. Just so you know I am not a person that likes confrontation at all, but I don't back down when I am confronted. I will be polite and friendly I promise.

Mouthy - Do you know something I don't know? LOL

• Dansk
    Dansk

DON'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

• mouthy
    mouthy

Mouthy - Do you know something I don't know? LOL

Yes darling I used to reward MY hubby when he accompnied me to a meeting after I pleaded with him .

I think that was a "moment?" to remember LOL

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Jess The point is that you can listen to what people have to say and then be free to make your own decisions. Ask yourself can you do that in the Borg.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    do you have a gameboy you can take?

How about a hustler magazine?

• free2beme
    free2beme

Is this the District Convention or the one day Special Assembly?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit