I've been invited to the convention

by 2112 19 Replies latest jw experiences

Ok, I've been out for 15 yrs. My wife is still in and very zelous. She is really begging me to go with her this Sunday. I am concidering it only to make her happy, but I don't want her to think I am changing my mind about the WT.

If I do go I would like to know what each talk on Sunday will be with the just of each so I can not only be prepared to barf, but so I can say what will be said before it is said. Just to have some fun.

I know that there have been some threads about this, but any further help would be wondeful.

Thanks in advance

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

I understand that you want to make your wife happy. But, IMHO going will make her think that you wanna comeback trust me!!! Sometimes I think sticking to your 'guns' is the best thing to do!! I am glad that my husband didn't budge when I wanted him to come to just my thursday night talk to 'support' me or hear my talk that I had worked so hard on preparing!!!

• nelly136
    nelly136

do you have a gameboy you can take?

• jstalin
    jstalin

Make it clear to her before hand - that she should NOT expect any sort of conversion or reconsideration. Make it very clear that you are sure of yourself and that in no way will going to the convention make you reconsider.

• mustang
    mustang

You could 'put her on Notice' that you are only doing this to please her, that this is an 'isolated instance' and there should be 'no expectation' of any repetition of this event.

Sounds a little 'legal-ese-ey'??? Well, since returning my attention to JW matters over the last few years (totally I-Net driven) I have started thinking in those terms. This is prompted by the WTS having that view in the first place.

Along those lines, TOTSE.COM has a hundred or so odd legal notices/forms and so forth. Why don't you hack/edit one of those and 'put it in writing'?

Mustang

• jessi1023
    jessi1023

why don't you just go and listen and make your own decision, many complain that JW make decisions for you, why do you need the advice of strangers on the internet, pay attention with an open heart your conscious will tell you what to do

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    why don't you just go and listen and make your own decision, many complain that JW make decisions for you, why do you need the advice of strangers on the internet, pay attention with an open heart your conscious will tell you what to do

Apparently Jess you failed to comprehend that he said he was out and had no desire to go back and was only going to please his wife.

Josie

• schne_belly
    schne_belly
    why do you need the advice of strangers on the internet

hmmm. Jessi1023

Aren't you a stranger on the internet too???

• V
    V

The DC parts and complete audio recordings are here for your pleasure.

http://www.mysurveillancecams.com/deliverance.htm. Site removed, sorry!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The above quote is a perfect example of why it is not always advantageous to listen to strangers on the internet. If you don't want to return to the cult then there's no point in giving your wife false hopes. Alternatively, you can use the opportunity to point out to her all of the things wrong with what they're saying there. You might help her out of the cult. At the very least, she'll probably never ask you to go again. W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit