What is dating as a JW like

by UFCFan 40 Replies latest jw friends

• SAHS
    SAHS

Whatever you do, I would make sure that you get enough reasonable training and experience so as to have some financial plan, or at least backup plan. That way, you can keep your options open and ensure at least some level of independence and self-sufficiency. Tap into the power and resources available to you, and use them to your advantage.

The ultimate outcome, theoretically, would be if your prospective fiancée could be persuaded to consider some objective factual analysis of the Watchtower organization so as to eventually discover and espouse the real truth about “the truth.” But, unfortunately, the chance of that is close to nil, as it usually amounts to nothing more than pie in the sky to expect a devout JW to actually wake up and see the light. All well. You can also keep your options open with regard to seeking a romantic and intimate relationship; i.e., the wonderful big world outside the little JW bubble.

Best of luck to you, in all respects. I know you might not want to think about this at present, but there is always more fish in the sea.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    You say you can act happy pretending to be a witness...your own tolerance for that aside, it would be cruel of you to go into a serious relationship (leading to marriage) without being honest to this girl about how you feel about the religion. Remember that.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

very well written for a teenage homeschooled young dub.

nope--i dont buy it

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

Yes, because one day I was bored at home and instead of doing something productive I decided to pose as a homeschooled teenager to wind up everyone on JWN with a long well written post with totally fake info.

In all seriousness, homeschoolers generally are better writers then kids from public school.

• MarkSutter
    MarkSutter
    well you have all your excuses for failure lined up...so go get that pussy, what are you waiting for?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I remember the point in my fade when I first realized that the prospects out in "the world" were far more numerous (and sexy) than those in the WTS.

It was exciting.

Then I remembered that I had a JW wife who was fading with me.

Mixed emotions, to say the least.

• SAHS
    SAHS

If you want to, as “MarkSutter” so eloquently put it, “go get that pussy,” then I think that would be fine, so long as:

• You are honest and upfront about your intentions regarding any kind of commitment (or lack thereof);

• You don’t intentionally harm her emotionally by just deviously and cruelly leading her on, using her, and then throwing her away;

• You are very stringent and meticulous about using proper and effective protection (ideally, both for yourself and herself, as combinations of protection are safer – an unwanted child is much more than a simple little whoopsie daisy!).

If she is okay with all of the above, then, well, who is any of us to judge? I mean, people have their little fling all the time, of all ages. It’s okay, as long as you both are aware of whatever strings are to be attached, or not to be attached. Oh, and make sure you both are very careful not to get caught, because, as you already know, things get rather nasty in JW land when the elders (WT police) find out about any kind of naughty naughty.

• UFCFan
    UFCFan

Well yes, I wouldn't be aiming to just lead her on and then throw her away, and she knows that I'm moving to San Jose sooner or later(though when depends on if I get to college or not). I have heard about how the elders act when it comes to to these kinds of things, if we do start dating I'll try to keep it unofficial for as long as possible so the congregation and elders aren't trying to follow us everywhere.

EDIT: For some reason parts of my posts keep disappearing...

• cofty
    cofty

Good luck with your plans to be a coach. Get as much playing experience as possible. Watch sport like a coach not a fan and become a student of the game. I passed my UEFA-B licence about 10 years ago and have been coaching for about 20 years at grassroots and semi-pro level. Try to find a mentor you respect and learn as much as possible from them. Best wishes

• sir82
    sir82

A teenaged home-schooled JW with a learning disability who (apparently) has never played any organized sports, much less high school football, has an extraordinarily narrow career goal of being a football coach, and only 2 universities in the entire US can possibly help him reach that goal.

All I can say is

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit