"....you will be like gods, knowing good and evil."

by Lilycurly 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Why didn't the serpent lead Eve to the tree of Life?

Basically, because the narrator had to end his story with reality: humans being both intelligent and mortal.

All similar stories (e.g. Adapa, Gilgamesh) have some trick to reach this same result -- man misses immortality. In the Genesis story, it seems Yhwh comes back just in time to prevent that (3:22f).

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Broadly speaking I agree with Didier, however I want to throw some metaphysical stuff into the pot

• Tree of life vs tree of knowledge of good and bad
    • Love vs rules
    • Grace vs the Law

Mankinds search for acceptance, within and outwith himself, is a continuous evolution.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Actually.....was ressuresction on the table when they decided to eat from it? God said they would die....serpent said they wouldn't....If they are resurrected...did anyone lie?

Is there a human on this planet that has the answer to these questions?

If you are holding restricted information...yet no one knows it even exists....is that restriction or ignorance?

If you are holding restricted information everyone is searching for....yet you bury and hide it...or keep a secret so to speak.. You are superior to the ones who do not have it....If and when you decide to share it with others...are you still superior to them? Or do they become equal in power to you?

If you know all....how long does it take to share that completely? Could take forever...couldn't it?

Does anyone hate learning something new every day?

Does anyone hate living with the mystery of what each new day may bring?

Just some questions I ask myself sometimes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit